Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Had surgery on 3/15/01

Posted by GinaC on 3/18/01 at 10:05 (041769)

Had an open procedure to partially release the fascia, remove the spur, and free an entrapped nerve in my left foot on Thursday, 3/15. Since then, my pain was controlled by medication for 2 days after surgery; I am off pain meds now and have some soreness, but nothing as bad as the PF. The only complication I had was a small amount of bleeding the day of surgery, visible through the ace bandage wrap. This bleeding stopped the next day.I'm presently on crutches (non weighbearing, but allowed to toe touch) and will remain nonweightbearing until my stitches are removed at the end of March. Don't know what the next few months will bring,but at this point I would say so far, so good. The days after the procedure were much less painful than I had anticipated. Now I have to make sure I keep elevating the foot for at least 4 one-hour intervals each day and don't get a bad case of cabin fever. Gina

Re: Had surgery on 3/15/01

Pam R on 3/18/01 at hrmin (041788)

Please let me know how you are doing. I am to have the same surgery on the 21st of March and I don't mind saying I'm a little scared. If you could e-mail me that would be great. It is the 18th today, and I have less than three days to make up my mind. How bad was your pain and how long did you suffer with it. Is he going to do the other foot too. I saw three doctors about my Plantar Fasciitis/heel spur and they all agree that after 10 months of pain, injections ,special boots, orthodics , steroid pill pack and still nothing has worked. I also have Fibromyalgia. I hope that doesn't triple the pain after surgery. Hope you are doing okay. If you can , please write me as soon as possible. Thanks Pam

Donna G. on 3/19/01 at hrmin (041902)

Pam, I have had PF for several years, I,m a hairdresser and can say it has been awfull! I had surgery 3/16/01. My Dr. says he has not had any failures with this surgery, I asked to talk to some other patients of his but never got connectted. I have tried all the programs of relief from shots to orthodics and nothing seemed to do any good. Keep your progress posted or E-mail me. It's nice to know you're not alone!! I'm doing ok so far. I go back to the Dr. tomorrow to see where we go from here.

Richard Perez, DPM on 3/20/01 at hrmin (041951)

I have a real problem with doctors claiming 100% success with any surgical procedure. This is totally false. No surgeon has this type of outcomes. Any doctor that tells you he has 100% success is not being honest with you. And it is time to find a new physician!
Richard Perez, DPM

D.r Zuckerman on 3/21/01 at 20:13 (042120)

You could of been the second patient that he had done surgery on. So he maybe correct. I agree with Dr. Perez, no way 100% except in the above example. You do enough foot surgery you are going to get failure and complications . I don't care who the surgeon is. We have a saying in surgery . The doctor who has no complications is either one of two things a liar or doesn't do foot surgery. This is a very old but classic rule that you are taught when reading or hearing doctors lecture to students. you would be amazed at the what is told to us about no complications when learning a new surgical procedure.

Pam R on 3/18/01 at hrmin (041788)

Please let me know how you are doing. I am to have the same surgery on the 21st of March and I don't mind saying I'm a little scared. If you could e-mail me that would be great. It is the 18th today, and I have less than three days to make up my mind. How bad was your pain and how long did you suffer with it. Is he going to do the other foot too. I saw three doctors about my Plantar Fasciitis/heel spur and they all agree that after 10 months of pain, injections ,special boots, orthodics , steroid pill pack and still nothing has worked. I also have Fibromyalgia. I hope that doesn't triple the pain after surgery. Hope you are doing okay. If you can , please write me as soon as possible. Thanks Pam

Donna G. on 3/19/01 at hrmin (041902)

Pam, I have had PF for several years, I,m a hairdresser and can say it has been awfull! I had surgery 3/16/01. My Dr. says he has not had any failures with this surgery, I asked to talk to some other patients of his but never got connectted. I have tried all the programs of relief from shots to orthodics and nothing seemed to do any good. Keep your progress posted or E-mail me. It's nice to know you're not alone!! I'm doing ok so far. I go back to the Dr. tomorrow to see where we go from here.

Richard Perez, DPM on 3/20/01 at hrmin (041951)

I have a real problem with doctors claiming 100% success with any surgical procedure. This is totally false. No surgeon has this type of outcomes. Any doctor that tells you he has 100% success is not being honest with you. And it is time to find a new physician!
Richard Perez, DPM

D.r Zuckerman on 3/21/01 at 20:13 (042120)

You could of been the second patient that he had done surgery on. So he maybe correct. I agree with Dr. Perez, no way 100% except in the above example. You do enough foot surgery you are going to get failure and complications . I don't care who the surgeon is. We have a saying in surgery . The doctor who has no complications is either one of two things a liar or doesn't do foot surgery. This is a very old but classic rule that you are taught when reading or hearing doctors lecture to students. you would be amazed at the what is told to us about no complications when learning a new surgical procedure.