Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Too much fun for the feet. Then it was time to stop!

Posted by Beverly on 3/18/01 at 11:16 (041772)

Well gang,

Here I was bragging just two days ago about my 45 minute clothes shopping victory. I had more fun yesterday taking my friend's grandchildren to a kiddie play that involved walking out into a big parking lot and walking through a large theater... getting them candy at concession stand, ect...

My feet feel a bit like the kid who ate too much cotton candy and hot dogs at the fair and woke up feeling urpy. Well, I woke up this morning with sore to the bone ankles. I knew it was time to stop. I was so ready to go to church in those new clothes and just the joy of getting out and seeing people. But if I have learned nothing else from my year long battle with foot and ankle misery, it is knowing when to stop.

So, I'm home today (and probably most of the week) doing the rest cure... ice/heat, ect. I still feel like I'm making progress because it takes more activity than in the past to cause a setback. The good thing about working at home as a 'telecommuter' is that it's easy on my feet. The bad part is that it is incredibly boring to be cooped up at home all the time.

See ya,
Beverly

Re: Too much fun for the feet. Then it was time to stop!

diane on 3/18/01 at 19:47 (041806)

i know how you feel. i thought yesterday i was on the upside of this pf but today i was shown different..hang in there. hey we really do appreciate the good days huh. later diane

Cynthia D on 3/20/01 at 14:42 (041958)

OK Bev, you had a setback. Too bad. The good days will come again. When they do, will you put on your new clothes and take a pic. to send to Scott for us? Feel better soon.

diane on 3/18/01 at 19:47 (041806)

i know how you feel. i thought yesterday i was on the upside of this pf but today i was shown different..hang in there. hey we really do appreciate the good days huh. later diane

Cynthia D on 3/20/01 at 14:42 (041958)

OK Bev, you had a setback. Too bad. The good days will come again. When they do, will you put on your new clothes and take a pic. to send to Scott for us? Feel better soon.