Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sudden pain in right foot.

Posted by Maureen G. on 3/18/01 at 17:04 (041799)

I am currently being treated for plantar fasciitis in my left foot. Treatment consists of air cast and rest for 4 weeks. While doing shopping yesterday my right foot suddenly became numb and felt as if it were swollen. This has continued into the day today, on and off numbness through out my right foot. I have dull pain in the right foot, behind the right knee and occasional pain in my groin. What the heck is causing this?

Re: Sudden pain in right foot.

wendyn on 3/19/01 at 13:59 (041857)

Maureen - this sounds strangely similar to how my TTS started. Very suddenly, while walking - foot became swollen and numb. I cannot speak to the other locations of pain though...but you definately should check with your doctor.

Dr. Biehler on 3/21/01 at 11:18 (042053)

I just read your post. These are the areas that a vascular problem shows up in . You should contact your doctor right away and tell him what is going on. Dr. B.

wendyn on 3/19/01 at 13:59 (041857)

Maureen - this sounds strangely similar to how my TTS started. Very suddenly, while walking - foot became swollen and numb. I cannot speak to the other locations of pain though...but you definately should check with your doctor.

Dr. Biehler on 3/21/01 at 11:18 (042053)

I just read your post. These are the areas that a vascular problem shows up in . You should contact your doctor right away and tell him what is going on. Dr. B.