Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

OssaTron

Posted by Neva S on 3/19/01 at 16:07 (041877)

The machine available in my city is the OssaTron. Most of the information I have been reading about on this site seems to be about the Orbasone. Have any of you out there had ESWT with the OssaTron? What are the pros and cons of the two machines? Also, how does one get insurance approval? The insurance is holding my treatment up right now.

Re: OssaTron

Neva S on 3/19/01 at 16:12 (041878)

I just went back far enough to find postings on my questions about insurance. Forgive me for asking again.:)

Martha B. on 3/19/01 at 18:21 (041888)

I had ossatron in Toronto Sept 99 and am doing wonderful! One zap did the trick for me. I wear orthotics and 'GOOD' shoes and am very kind to my feet. I was on the verge of early retirement but am happy to report that I do pretty much as I please. The ironic thing is that I only had 1 foot treated but the other pf foot improved when the limping stopped. Give it the full 12 weeks before you judge the recovery. I went back to work(dental hygienist) 10 days after the procedure and did fine. Ossatron was a Godsend for me.I WAS NOT SEDATED LIKE THEY ARE DOING IN HOUSTON.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/19/01 at 19:24 (041894)

I don't believe that are any pro-con's to the machines. I am using the orbasone for over one year with very effective pain relief results. I do the procedure in the office and not in the hospital or surgical center.
If there is any specific information that you need about ESWT I would be very happy to guild you thru your treatment.

Re: OssaTron martha

diane on 3/19/01 at 19:54 (041898)

call me

Karin L. on 3/20/01 at 07:26 (041916)

Neva,
I had ESWT with the OssaTron just about 12 weeks ago. One zap is all it took. Waiting for May to get here to do the other foot. I was heavily sedated as apparently it is painful!! My Dr. had to stop the procedure as I kept pulling my foot away from the machine. He had me put under deeper & then continued. Hope this helps.

john h on 3/20/01 at 17:58 (041991)

dr z: are you going 'to guild' her through her treatment. are you authorized to 'guild'? your spelling is as bad a mine. some of our spelling critics shall have us for lunch.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/20/01 at 19:23 (042003)

Actually my brain thinks quicker then my mind because my spelling on the keyboard should be authorized to go to spelling school. Sorry about that I will try not to authorize any guiding until I learn to write a well written and edited guidebook. john thanks for guiding DR. Z back on the spelling train.

Julie on 3/21/01 at 01:33 (042033)

Dr Z, we all think you're pure gold. Not the least bit gilded.

Carol D on 3/21/01 at 14:27 (042080)

I have had ESWT with the OssaTron -- but this is a higher energy machine than the Orbasone and I had to be sedated. I am now 4 wks post ESWT. It's hard to say, but I think I'm doing a little better. I know I don't hurt as much when I get home from work. But everyone keeps telling me it'll be 6-12 wks before showing any significant improvement -- I keep waiting -- and waiting!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/22/01 at 13:44 (042207)

Yes it can take up to twelve weeks for improvement to take place. Dramatic healing can take place between week six and week twelve. The orbasone is a high energy machine.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 3/26/01 at hrmin (042464)

The OssaTron is set up for a SINGLE treatment only. I have done several patients who are at best 100% better and at worst 70% better after 8 weeks. I am very excited about the results. The research on the OssaTron has showed the results are best if you are not overweight. I have a patient who is now 8 weeks who is very heavy and she is 75% better in her heel, but her compensatory problems (hip and back) are 100% better because she is walking better.

Neva S on 3/19/01 at 16:12 (041878)

I just went back far enough to find postings on my questions about insurance. Forgive me for asking again.:)

Martha B. on 3/19/01 at 18:21 (041888)

I had ossatron in Toronto Sept 99 and am doing wonderful! One zap did the trick for me. I wear orthotics and 'GOOD' shoes and am very kind to my feet. I was on the verge of early retirement but am happy to report that I do pretty much as I please. The ironic thing is that I only had 1 foot treated but the other pf foot improved when the limping stopped. Give it the full 12 weeks before you judge the recovery. I went back to work(dental hygienist) 10 days after the procedure and did fine. Ossatron was a Godsend for me.I WAS NOT SEDATED LIKE THEY ARE DOING IN HOUSTON.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/19/01 at 19:24 (041894)

I don't believe that are any pro-con's to the machines. I am using the orbasone for over one year with very effective pain relief results. I do the procedure in the office and not in the hospital or surgical center.
If there is any specific information that you need about ESWT I would be very happy to guild you thru your treatment.

diane on 3/19/01 at 19:54 (041898)

call me

Karin L. on 3/20/01 at 07:26 (041916)

Neva,
I had ESWT with the OssaTron just about 12 weeks ago. One zap is all it took. Waiting for May to get here to do the other foot. I was heavily sedated as apparently it is painful!! My Dr. had to stop the procedure as I kept pulling my foot away from the machine. He had me put under deeper & then continued. Hope this helps.

john h on 3/20/01 at 17:58 (041991)

dr z: are you going 'to guild' her through her treatment. are you authorized to 'guild'? your spelling is as bad a mine. some of our spelling critics shall have us for lunch.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/20/01 at 19:23 (042003)

Actually my brain thinks quicker then my mind because my spelling on the keyboard should be authorized to go to spelling school. Sorry about that I will try not to authorize any guiding until I learn to write a well written and edited guidebook. john thanks for guiding DR. Z back on the spelling train.

Julie on 3/21/01 at 01:33 (042033)

Dr Z, we all think you're pure gold. Not the least bit gilded.

Carol D on 3/21/01 at 14:27 (042080)

I have had ESWT with the OssaTron -- but this is a higher energy machine than the Orbasone and I had to be sedated. I am now 4 wks post ESWT. It's hard to say, but I think I'm doing a little better. I know I don't hurt as much when I get home from work. But everyone keeps telling me it'll be 6-12 wks before showing any significant improvement -- I keep waiting -- and waiting!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/22/01 at 13:44 (042207)

Yes it can take up to twelve weeks for improvement to take place. Dramatic healing can take place between week six and week twelve. The orbasone is a high energy machine.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 3/26/01 at hrmin (042464)

The OssaTron is set up for a SINGLE treatment only. I have done several patients who are at best 100% better and at worst 70% better after 8 weeks. I am very excited about the results. The research on the OssaTron has showed the results are best if you are not overweight. I have a patient who is now 8 weeks who is very heavy and she is 75% better in her heel, but her compensatory problems (hip and back) are 100% better because she is walking better.