Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot pain

Posted by Andriana L. on 3/19/01 at 16:23 (041879)

Hello! My name is Andriana and I am from Greece. The reason I'm writing this letter is that right now I'm really desperate! More specifically, five years ago because of aerobics I had a great pain on my heels. I stopped exercising and after six months my heels were normal again. That time I thought that the pain had to do with overwork
So, I started exercising again and unfortunately the pain came back, this time stronger. Since then, the pain hasn't stopped. On the contrary, it becomes worse!
I have done a number of examinations and treatments against inflammation (Vioxx e.t.c.) cortisone on my heels, but only with temporary results.
My heels now are so sensitive that I can't walk! They also have a strange colour: some areas are white and some other dark blue. I feel like I'm burning and when the pain is really strong I feel it up to my hips. My doctor here in Greece diagnosed that the fatty tissue of my heels are destroyed so the bones touches the ground!
Now I wear all the time soles of silicone in my shoes but it doesn't seem to help. Do you have any suggestions or treatment that could help? Please answer! Thank you.

Re: Foot pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/19/01 at 19:51 (041897)

Hi,

Welcome to heelspurs com and some important information and help.

Can you tell me more about your back . Has there been any neurological examination of the foot and lower back. I would like some more information if possible.

What about your circulation . Any color changes in your fingers and hands.

Re: Foot pain

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/19/01 at 19:51 (041897)

Hi,

Welcome to heelspurs com and some important information and help.

Can you tell me more about your back . Has there been any neurological examination of the foot and lower back. I would like some more information if possible.

What about your circulation . Any color changes in your fingers and hands.