Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

The Wright Sock is the Right Sock

Posted by Kim B. on 3/20/01 at 00:10 (041905)

Hello,

I mentioned a while back that when I bought some more of these great socks, I would post with the name of them. They are called 'WrightSock'
Double Layer, Outer Layer-Coolmax, Inner Layer-Coolmax MicorSafe, Interfacing Layers Wick Moisture and Absorb Friction. Running, Anti-blister system.

These are great socks! Yeppers, they are the most comfortable and non-irritating socks I've ever worn and are definately the kind I wear as often as possible. They definately aborb friction. My feet stay cool and dry. I buy the 'Crew Fitness' socks but they also have some that stop at the ankle too. I've only seen them in the color white. They are the best thing in the world to wear with Tennis or walking shoes! It's seems at first glance that they would become uncomfortable by the two layers becoming mis-aligned with one another, but it couldn't be further from the truth. The are really well made and stay in place beautifully. After a year or so of collecting, I have several pairs. They really last, and I have used mine alost exclusively and have yet to see them become thread bear or worn out at all. The older pairs ae kind of dingy, but they still look and feel great.

Now comes the bad part... They cost $8.95 a pair, :-( But they must be worth it, I bought 4 new pairs just a couple of weeks ago. You can find them at better running shoe stores. They are available in Men's also, btw. The priceis steep, but they last 4 times as long and they are four times more comfortable!

Regards, Kim B.

Re: The Wright Sock is the Right Sock

Celia on 3/20/01 at 15:25 (041967)

Thanks, Kim! I'll have to try those. Actually, I think the price is great considering I'm paying $11.00 for Thorlos which are also great socks btw. Have you tried Thorlos? Are they like those?

Re: Found a website for WrightSocks. Take a gander.

Kim B. on 3/20/01 at 22:08 (042009)

http://www.wrightsock.com/

Check this out, I found a website for the WrightSocks.

No, I've never tried the Thorlos. You can visit the site and see if they are simular. Since my version are cheaper and I like 'em so well, I guess I'll stick with them. If I ever see the Thorlos I'll probably buy a pair just out of curiosity! See if the $11.00 sock beats the $9.00 sock.

Thanks for your input. Socks are an easily over-looked part of foot comfort. You gotta baby those tired, old, 'dogs'. :-)

Kim B.

Joan on 3/22/01 at 02:28 (042144)

Celia - Thorlos
Have you found Thorlo socks without a toe seam? With my various
orthotics, seamed socks tend to bunch up at, and irritate, my little toes.

Nancy S. on 3/22/01 at 06:41 (042153)

Joan, the FootSmart catalog offers several different socks that have no seams. I don't think they're Thorlos, but you might want to try some.
I haven't visited their website in a long time and I don't know if socks are on there, but you can call toll-free for a catalog: 1-800-870-7149.
Nancy

Celia to Joan on 3/22/01 at 11:11 (042186)

Joan, unfortunately I don't know the name of this type of thorlos, but I have the package at home. When i get home today, I'll be sure to check the brand, but these appear to have a toe seam right where the toe joints are so you don't have it on the tips of your toes. I LOVE THEM, but am willing to try the Wright sock to save a little extra cash. I found these at Just For Feet store and at Sport Authority. I'll be sure to get back with you tomorrow.

Celia to Joan on 3/22/01 at 11:13 (042187)

Joan, unfortunately I don't know the type of thorlos I have, but I have the package at home. When i get home today, I'll be sure to check the type. These appear to have a toe seam right where the toe joints are (on the top part of your feet) so you don't have it on the tips of your toes. I LOVE THEM, but am willing to try the Wright sock to save a little extra cash. I found these Thorlos at Just For Feet store and at Sport Authority. I'll be sure to get back with you tomorrow.

Re: Joan, I found the Thorlo site!

Celia to Joan on 3/22/01 at 11:44 (042192)

Okay, I found the web site so you can get to see what they look like. It's http://www.thorlo.com
If you go into 'products' you will see all kinds of socks to suit your activities. I wear the Walking Crew WX-9 and the Light Walking Crew LWXW-9. I JUST LOVE THEM!! LOVE 'EM! LOVE 'EM! It wouldn't hurt to got to a sports store and try them before you decide to buy them. Heck, walk in 'em for a good 10 minutes. I just knew right away by feeling them that they were keepers.

Good luck.

And thanks Kim for the info!

Celia on 3/20/01 at 15:25 (041967)

Thanks, Kim! I'll have to try those. Actually, I think the price is great considering I'm paying $11.00 for Thorlos which are also great socks btw. Have you tried Thorlos? Are they like those?

Re: Found a website for WrightSocks. Take a gander.

Kim B. on 3/20/01 at 22:08 (042009)

http://www.wrightsock.com/

Check this out, I found a website for the WrightSocks.

No, I've never tried the Thorlos. You can visit the site and see if they are simular. Since my version are cheaper and I like 'em so well, I guess I'll stick with them. If I ever see the Thorlos I'll probably buy a pair just out of curiosity! See if the $11.00 sock beats the $9.00 sock.

Thanks for your input. Socks are an easily over-looked part of foot comfort. You gotta baby those tired, old, 'dogs'. :-)

Kim B.

Joan on 3/22/01 at 02:28 (042144)

Celia - Thorlos
Have you found Thorlo socks without a toe seam? With my various
orthotics, seamed socks tend to bunch up at, and irritate, my little toes.

Nancy S. on 3/22/01 at 06:41 (042153)

Joan, the FootSmart catalog offers several different socks that have no seams. I don't think they're Thorlos, but you might want to try some.
I haven't visited their website in a long time and I don't know if socks are on there, but you can call toll-free for a catalog: 1-800-870-7149.
Nancy

Celia to Joan on 3/22/01 at 11:11 (042186)

Joan, unfortunately I don't know the name of this type of thorlos, but I have the package at home. When i get home today, I'll be sure to check the brand, but these appear to have a toe seam right where the toe joints are so you don't have it on the tips of your toes. I LOVE THEM, but am willing to try the Wright sock to save a little extra cash. I found these at Just For Feet store and at Sport Authority. I'll be sure to get back with you tomorrow.

Celia to Joan on 3/22/01 at 11:13 (042187)

Joan, unfortunately I don't know the type of thorlos I have, but I have the package at home. When i get home today, I'll be sure to check the type. These appear to have a toe seam right where the toe joints are (on the top part of your feet) so you don't have it on the tips of your toes. I LOVE THEM, but am willing to try the Wright sock to save a little extra cash. I found these Thorlos at Just For Feet store and at Sport Authority. I'll be sure to get back with you tomorrow.

Re: Joan, I found the Thorlo site!

Celia to Joan on 3/22/01 at 11:44 (042192)

Okay, I found the web site so you can get to see what they look like. It's http://www.thorlo.com
If you go into 'products' you will see all kinds of socks to suit your activities. I wear the Walking Crew WX-9 and the Light Walking Crew LWXW-9. I JUST LOVE THEM!! LOVE 'EM! LOVE 'EM! It wouldn't hurt to got to a sports store and try them before you decide to buy them. Heck, walk in 'em for a good 10 minutes. I just knew right away by feeling them that they were keepers.

Good luck.

And thanks Kim for the info!