Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Post-op Marie

Posted by Pat on 3/20/01 at 07:46 (041918)

Marie, how are you doing? Please post.

Re: Post-op Marie

marie r on 3/24/01 at 21:09 (042367)

Hi Pat, I'm sorry I have not posted in awhile. I wanted to be weight bearing before I posted. It has been 7 weeks and I am just barely weight bearing. I am still on crutches but doing so much better. I go back to the doctor tuesday the 27th of March. I can tell my foot is much stronger. For awhile I started to think I may never walk again. My doctor told me it would be a very slow recovery but when I would read the message board it seemed like everyone was walking in two to three weeks. I asked him about that and he said I had very extensive surgery it was more than PF there had been damage from a previous injury that also had to be repaired so it was taking me longer to recover. In the middle of all of this, my husband had to have emergency hernia surgery. I'll be glad when all of this is over. I am doing much much better. I can see a lot of improvement everyday. I am sure within the next 2 weeks I will be walking with no crutches. Thank you for all your support. I hope all is going well with you Pat. Hang in there for anyone having this done or has had it done it really does get better. Don't compare healing time to others, everyone is different. I am not sorry I had this done. I am looking forward to walking pain free.

Pat on 3/26/01 at 11:41 (042515)

Hi Marie-------It was good to hear from you, I have been wondering how you are doing. It has been 4 months since my operation and I still need crutches at night or when I have a long distance to cover. Each day seems to be a little bit better. As you said, everyone heals differently. Please keep posting, I am interested in your recovery.--------Pat

marie r on 3/27/01 at 21:01 (042728)

Hi Pat, well I went back to the doctor today. It has been 7 weeks post op. He took me off the crutches and said to use them if needed but I could start walking. I am still in a boot. I was so excited to walk again with no crutches. It is a little painful but he did say it would be several months before I would be completely pain free. I have to wear a special stocking to keep my foot from swelling but he said I was doing great for all I had been through. I am very excited and looking forward to everyday it just getting better. I am hoping the worse is over. I do intent to take it easy and not push my self when I am hurting. I will let the pain be my guide. I see him in 4 wks,I have to stay in the boot until my next visit. I feel like I am learning to walk. I have favored my left foot for so long, I find myself afraid to apply any pressure to it. I'm that will get better too. Thank you for all your support. Please keep posting your progress as well.

Betsy S on 3/29/01 at hrmin (042952)

I had my surgery 10 days ago. When can I expect to be able to put some pressure on my foot. What is normal for this time period?

marie r on 3/30/01 at 18:18 (043089)

Betsy, My doctor told me no weight bearing for 6 to 8 weeks. It was 7 weeks before I was completely weight bearing. I just went to my doctor last Tuesday the 27th and I have been walking without crutches since. It is still somewhat painful but he said it would take several months before I would be totally pain free. Hang in there. It takes time and everyone heals at a different rate. It also depends on how much work was done inside the foot. good luck to you.

Betsy S on 4/01/01 at hrmin (043233)

Thanks for the advice. I had my surgery on the 20th and I am just starting to put a little bit of pressure on my toes, not too much though. I have alot of burning in my foot. Did you have this?

marie r on 3/24/01 at 21:09 (042367)

Hi Pat, I'm sorry I have not posted in awhile. I wanted to be weight bearing before I posted. It has been 7 weeks and I am just barely weight bearing. I am still on crutches but doing so much better. I go back to the doctor tuesday the 27th of March. I can tell my foot is much stronger. For awhile I started to think I may never walk again. My doctor told me it would be a very slow recovery but when I would read the message board it seemed like everyone was walking in two to three weeks. I asked him about that and he said I had very extensive surgery it was more than PF there had been damage from a previous injury that also had to be repaired so it was taking me longer to recover. In the middle of all of this, my husband had to have emergency hernia surgery. I'll be glad when all of this is over. I am doing much much better. I can see a lot of improvement everyday. I am sure within the next 2 weeks I will be walking with no crutches. Thank you for all your support. I hope all is going well with you Pat. Hang in there for anyone having this done or has had it done it really does get better. Don't compare healing time to others, everyone is different. I am not sorry I had this done. I am looking forward to walking pain free.

Pat on 3/26/01 at 11:41 (042515)

Hi Marie-------It was good to hear from you, I have been wondering how you are doing. It has been 4 months since my operation and I still need crutches at night or when I have a long distance to cover. Each day seems to be a little bit better. As you said, everyone heals differently. Please keep posting, I am interested in your recovery.--------Pat

marie r on 3/27/01 at 21:01 (042728)

Hi Pat, well I went back to the doctor today. It has been 7 weeks post op. He took me off the crutches and said to use them if needed but I could start walking. I am still in a boot. I was so excited to walk again with no crutches. It is a little painful but he did say it would be several months before I would be completely pain free. I have to wear a special stocking to keep my foot from swelling but he said I was doing great for all I had been through. I am very excited and looking forward to everyday it just getting better. I am hoping the worse is over. I do intent to take it easy and not push my self when I am hurting. I will let the pain be my guide. I see him in 4 wks,I have to stay in the boot until my next visit. I feel like I am learning to walk. I have favored my left foot for so long, I find myself afraid to apply any pressure to it. I'm that will get better too. Thank you for all your support. Please keep posting your progress as well.

Betsy S on 3/29/01 at hrmin (042952)

I had my surgery 10 days ago. When can I expect to be able to put some pressure on my foot. What is normal for this time period?

marie r on 3/30/01 at 18:18 (043089)

Betsy, My doctor told me no weight bearing for 6 to 8 weeks. It was 7 weeks before I was completely weight bearing. I just went to my doctor last Tuesday the 27th and I have been walking without crutches since. It is still somewhat painful but he said it would take several months before I would be totally pain free. Hang in there. It takes time and everyone heals at a different rate. It also depends on how much work was done inside the foot. good luck to you.

Betsy S on 4/01/01 at hrmin (043233)

Thanks for the advice. I had my surgery on the 20th and I am just starting to put a little bit of pressure on my toes, not too much though. I have alot of burning in my foot. Did you have this?