Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

So much pain I can't walk

Posted by Michelle on 3/21/01 at hrmin (042052)

Hi,

Should I use crutches so I don't keep irritating it? I am trying the ice and heat and stretching. Haven't been to the Dr. so don't really know what is wrong.. Sounds like heel spurs or stretch facture according to your website I have been reading.

The pain is so more than I can take now, and it's all day and it hurts sometimes when I don't touch it.

What do you suggest.

Re: So much pain I can't walk

Dr. Biehler on 3/21/01 at 11:20 (042054)

Pain is a sign that something is wrong! You should see your doctor!! Dr. B.

Julie on 3/21/01 at 11:39 (042058)

Michelle, do see your doctor. Meanwhile rest - stay off your feet as much as possible.

Read the Heel Pain Book for information, but don't self-diagnose.

Pauline on 3/21/01 at 13:33 (042073)

Michelle,
Sorry to be so blunt, but you've got to be kidding. I can't believe one would be in soooo much pain and never think on their own to check with a doctor. My suggestions from now on is, if you ever experience that much pain (as described) for any reason you call a doctor. Don't wait for a web site to assure you that you need medical attention. Let us know what you find out.

Sharon on 3/21/01 at hrmin (042076)

I think these web sites are wonderful. After being in pain for months and finally visiting my Dr. who took an x-ray and found that I have a heel spur, I am relieved to see so munch information on the internet. What I've done to treat PF. I had a shot, worked for a few weeks, then the pain returned. Then I purchased ortho inserts for over $200.00, but are too rigid and bother my arch after wearing them all day. I did have 4 visits for physical therapy, massage and ultra sound and massage. The therapist gave me calf stretching exercises to do 3 times a day. Since going to physical therapy and doing the exercises AND buying a pair of REBOCK DMX shoes which have SUPERB shock absorption, my pain level has gone down from a 7 when walking to between 0 to 1. Now, however, I get a burning sensation in the arch of my affected foot. Could this NEW pain be from dong the stretching exercises? I don't plan to stop the stretching exercises as they have given me relief. Also I wear my good support shoe every day. It goes on my foot as as soon as I get out of bed in the morning. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post information about dealing with PF on the web site. I plan to buy a pair of the less expensive shoe inserts that I read about on the web site.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/21/01 at 15:45 (042088)

If this is in the USA . At least get to an emergency room and have them x-ray, get you on crutches and give you some pain mediations. Where are you from ?

Bendan A. Jordan on 3/22/01 at hrmin (042175)

I have just had an xray for my pain and discovered I have a calcaneal spur What medical advice do you give. Is sugery a success or are there alterantives

Dr. Biehler on 3/21/01 at 11:20 (042054)

Pain is a sign that something is wrong! You should see your doctor!! Dr. B.

Julie on 3/21/01 at 11:39 (042058)

Michelle, do see your doctor. Meanwhile rest - stay off your feet as much as possible.

Read the Heel Pain Book for information, but don't self-diagnose.

Pauline on 3/21/01 at 13:33 (042073)

Michelle,
Sorry to be so blunt, but you've got to be kidding. I can't believe one would be in soooo much pain and never think on their own to check with a doctor. My suggestions from now on is, if you ever experience that much pain (as described) for any reason you call a doctor. Don't wait for a web site to assure you that you need medical attention. Let us know what you find out.

Sharon on 3/21/01 at hrmin (042076)

I think these web sites are wonderful. After being in pain for months and finally visiting my Dr. who took an x-ray and found that I have a heel spur, I am relieved to see so munch information on the internet. What I've done to treat PF. I had a shot, worked for a few weeks, then the pain returned. Then I purchased ortho inserts for over $200.00, but are too rigid and bother my arch after wearing them all day. I did have 4 visits for physical therapy, massage and ultra sound and massage. The therapist gave me calf stretching exercises to do 3 times a day. Since going to physical therapy and doing the exercises AND buying a pair of REBOCK DMX shoes which have SUPERB shock absorption, my pain level has gone down from a 7 when walking to between 0 to 1. Now, however, I get a burning sensation in the arch of my affected foot. Could this NEW pain be from dong the stretching exercises? I don't plan to stop the stretching exercises as they have given me relief. Also I wear my good support shoe every day. It goes on my foot as as soon as I get out of bed in the morning. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post information about dealing with PF on the web site. I plan to buy a pair of the less expensive shoe inserts that I read about on the web site.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/21/01 at 15:45 (042088)

If this is in the USA . At least get to an emergency room and have them x-ray, get you on crutches and give you some pain mediations. Where are you from ?

Bendan A. Jordan on 3/22/01 at hrmin (042175)

I have just had an xray for my pain and discovered I have a calcaneal spur What medical advice do you give. Is sugery a success or are there alterantives