Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heelspurs.com Posters Anonymous

Posted by john a on 3/21/01 at 16:05 (042092)

'It's been exactly two years since my last painfree walk.' :-) / :-( And quite an ignominious anniversary it is to 'celebrate' at that. I have a vivid memory of exactly when my and where I was when my PF began, as I guess we all do for life-altering events.

Re: Heelspurs.com Posters Anonymous

wendyn on 3/21/01 at 17:16 (042099)

John A - we share close Anniversary's. My last pain free walk (real walk) was May 2 1999. If my memory serves me correct it was a Sunday night at approximately 8:15 pm that absolutely everything changed....

Beverly on 3/21/01 at 18:00 (042103)

John,

Ah, for anniversaries. Two years is a long time. My last pain-free walk was March 14, 1999. Sometimes, it is hard to remember what life was like when I did not have to plan my allotted time on feet.
I'd say Happy Anniversary, but it just doesn't fit.
Beverly

Valerie S on 3/21/01 at 22:35 (042131)

Interesting that the 3 of you share similar 'anniversaries.' ... Does this mean that this is a big time of year for getting PF? Could it be from increased activity at springtime, I wonder... I am far from being veterans like you all, just thought that was quite a coincidence. I don't know my anniversary... my heel pain started gradually and built up over time, until I finally went to the doctor.

I do look forward to my NEXT pain-free walk, though!

Have faith & be well...

-Val.

john h on 3/22/01 at 09:53 (042178)

john a: my pf came on slowly and i did not recognize what was happening to me and then one day i realized the pain was so bad i could no longer run. if i knew then what i know now i think i could have stopped it in its tracks at the first sign.

john a on 3/22/01 at 10:23 (042181)

Probably nothing more than a coincidence. I'd hate it if we had to amend the phrase 'Spring is in the Air' with 'and PF is in the Feet' :-)

john a on 3/22/01 at 10:29 (042183)

I just felt a twinge in my right heel after coming back from a late coworker farewell lunch. I haven't been the same since. And eventhough I can pinpoint the time I first noticed pain, there was no precipating event to correlate it with. No doubt just a series of slow long-term accumulations that eventually broke the plantar fascia's back.

wendyn on 3/21/01 at 17:16 (042099)

John A - we share close Anniversary's. My last pain free walk (real walk) was May 2 1999. If my memory serves me correct it was a Sunday night at approximately 8:15 pm that absolutely everything changed....

Beverly on 3/21/01 at 18:00 (042103)

John,

Ah, for anniversaries. Two years is a long time. My last pain-free walk was March 14, 1999. Sometimes, it is hard to remember what life was like when I did not have to plan my allotted time on feet.
I'd say Happy Anniversary, but it just doesn't fit.
Beverly

Valerie S on 3/21/01 at 22:35 (042131)

Interesting that the 3 of you share similar 'anniversaries.' ... Does this mean that this is a big time of year for getting PF? Could it be from increased activity at springtime, I wonder... I am far from being veterans like you all, just thought that was quite a coincidence. I don't know my anniversary... my heel pain started gradually and built up over time, until I finally went to the doctor.

I do look forward to my NEXT pain-free walk, though!

Have faith & be well...

-Val.

john h on 3/22/01 at 09:53 (042178)

john a: my pf came on slowly and i did not recognize what was happening to me and then one day i realized the pain was so bad i could no longer run. if i knew then what i know now i think i could have stopped it in its tracks at the first sign.

john a on 3/22/01 at 10:23 (042181)

Probably nothing more than a coincidence. I'd hate it if we had to amend the phrase 'Spring is in the Air' with 'and PF is in the Feet' :-)

john a on 3/22/01 at 10:29 (042183)

I just felt a twinge in my right heel after coming back from a late coworker farewell lunch. I haven't been the same since. And eventhough I can pinpoint the time I first noticed pain, there was no precipating event to correlate it with. No doubt just a series of slow long-term accumulations that eventually broke the plantar fascia's back.