Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Please don't think that I am crazy ESWT $1200

Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 3/22/01 at 13:39 (042205)

I am in the position for the next four weeks to reduce the fee for ESWT treatments . The price for ESWT by Dr. Z is $1200 plus one treatment if necessary. This is only for HEELSPURS.COM posters.

This is my way of thanking you for being such a great group of people So if you don't win our Dr. Z lotto this will still help you get the treatment you want at a price that I hope you can afford.

The reason that I am able to do this is due to now having help with the treatment and I was able to get alot of spark plugs to use at a very reduced price. I have enough plugs to do alot of treatment in the next month

So those who know me know I care and those doctors who don't probaby think that I am crazy.

Re: Please don't think that I am crazy ESWT $1200

Beverly on 3/22/01 at 14:58 (042215)

Dr. Z.,

This is very tempting and so generous of you.
Could you clarify something. A while back I seem to remember you saying that success with cortizone, even if only temporary, is a good indication that EWST will work. Did you say that? I had absolutely no success with cortizone that I am aware of. I am somewhat better now, but there was a three month gap between my current state of semi-wellness and the shots.
Is all that ice and snow gone? It would be just my luck to fly up for EWST and slip on the ice!

Are you in a major city with lots of hotels or are you in a small town/suburb? Can this be put on a credit card?
Thanks for being such a great guy,
Beverly

Camilla on 3/23/01 at 10:20 (042275)

Dr. Z.,

My insurance company has denied coverage for EWST and I am in the process of appealing the decision. I've also filed a complaint with the Department of Insurance in the State of Missouri. I am questioning the cost of ESWT and considering paying out of pocket. My question is, in light of your generous offer to provide treatments at a reduced price for the next 4 weeks, what is the going rate for one treatment...physician and equpiment? What about additional treatment(s)?

Additionally, I am going to Germany on April 10. It's a vacation and yet it might turn into a pursuit of ESWT. The exchange rate is almost two to one, dollars ro DM. Do you think it is advisable to try and have the treament done in Germany? I have someone that is very capable of translation my history and previous treatments.

Thank you,
Camilla

David Lowy on 3/23/01 at hrmin (042283)

If you are going to Germany and want to have ESWT treatment there, I would strongly suggest getting in touch with Dr. George Dahmen in Hamburg. He is one of the 'pioneers' of ESWT and has performed thousands of treatments. His contact information is on his web site: http://www . ESWT.com
Best wishes

Beth D. on 3/23/01 at 17:10 (042296)

This sounds great to me since I have an appointment already scheduled for next Sat.

Thanks so much,

Beth D.

Brian G on 3/23/01 at 18:28 (042303)

Thanks for the offer Dr. Z. I'll be sending some E-mail to your office. So many questions, so little time :*)

BG

john h on 3/23/01 at 19:27 (042305)

do not let dr z give you one of the spark plugs if you fly into n.j. he gave me one and when i went thru the metal detector at washingtion national i had to do a lot of explaining as to just what this device was. i finally thru it in the trash.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/26/01 at 11:48 (042517)

Hi,

The Germany idea is possible. We would also be very happy to do the treatment or treatments for you in Woodbury, New Jersey 1-856-848-3338 . So just let us know what you want to do .

The going rate for ossatron is anywhere from $4500 to $6000. The goin rate for the orbasone is anywhere from $2000 to $2500. If the doctor is doing the treatment in the hospital or in a Surgical Center you have to add on these costs.

Re: I don't think you're crazy, I think you're wonderful EOM

Julie on 3/26/01 at 21:16 (042586)

...and if I needed ESWT I'd fly over to NJ like a shot.

Re: Ossatron and Orbosone more clarification please...

Kim B. on 3/27/01 at 01:39 (042605)

I notice a wide range in the price of the two different ESWT machines. Why is this?

Are they BOTH ESWT? What is the main difference between them?

Are the results the same? I gather that one (the Osatron) brings relief in one treatment with the patient under general anesthia. Where as, the Orbosone requires more treatments and little or no sedation (if so desired.)

Am I getting this straight so far? I am so very fustrated with this situation. They are both ESWT machines, right?

Why are we lumping them both togther and pratically representing them as one and the same (EWST) It seems that the differences in these machines needs more clarification.

Doesn't it make sense to better distinguish between these two? Espedially since there seems to be considerable differences in all stages of the proceedure?

Regards, Kim B,

Martha B. on 3/27/01 at 06:59 (042610)

I HAD ONLY A BLOCK INJECTION FOR THE OSSATRON IN Toronto-as I have said before the last 3 minutes hurt but what is 3 minutes compared to PF? The injection hurt much LESS than the dreaded cortisone shots! I paid $1500 US for 1 foot.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 3/29/01 at hrmin (042982)

Kim,

THe OssaTron does require anesthesia as the power sufficient to relieve the inflammation and pain in only 1 (usually) treatment is painful. It is very effective.

The only thing I know about the other machines, is what I read here. It seems as some patients without anesthesia are given lower energies than their doctor would like due to discomfort. This may lead to needing a second treatment.

I feel it is important to have follow-up and I do want to see my patients several weeks afterwards, this would be difficult for out of town patients, unless the follow up care is coordinated with your local pod, which would be fine.

Beverly on 3/22/01 at 14:58 (042215)

Dr. Z.,

This is very tempting and so generous of you.
Could you clarify something. A while back I seem to remember you saying that success with cortizone, even if only temporary, is a good indication that EWST will work. Did you say that? I had absolutely no success with cortizone that I am aware of. I am somewhat better now, but there was a three month gap between my current state of semi-wellness and the shots.
Is all that ice and snow gone? It would be just my luck to fly up for EWST and slip on the ice!

Are you in a major city with lots of hotels or are you in a small town/suburb? Can this be put on a credit card?
Thanks for being such a great guy,
Beverly

Camilla on 3/23/01 at 10:20 (042275)

Dr. Z.,

My insurance company has denied coverage for EWST and I am in the process of appealing the decision. I've also filed a complaint with the Department of Insurance in the State of Missouri. I am questioning the cost of ESWT and considering paying out of pocket. My question is, in light of your generous offer to provide treatments at a reduced price for the next 4 weeks, what is the going rate for one treatment...physician and equpiment? What about additional treatment(s)?

Additionally, I am going to Germany on April 10. It's a vacation and yet it might turn into a pursuit of ESWT. The exchange rate is almost two to one, dollars ro DM. Do you think it is advisable to try and have the treament done in Germany? I have someone that is very capable of translation my history and previous treatments.

Thank you,
Camilla

David Lowy on 3/23/01 at hrmin (042283)

If you are going to Germany and want to have ESWT treatment there, I would strongly suggest getting in touch with Dr. George Dahmen in Hamburg. He is one of the 'pioneers' of ESWT and has performed thousands of treatments. His contact information is on his web site: http://www . ESWT.com
Best wishes

Beth D. on 3/23/01 at 17:10 (042296)

This sounds great to me since I have an appointment already scheduled for next Sat.

Thanks so much,

Beth D.

Brian G on 3/23/01 at 18:28 (042303)

Thanks for the offer Dr. Z. I'll be sending some E-mail to your office. So many questions, so little time :*)

BG

john h on 3/23/01 at 19:27 (042305)

do not let dr z give you one of the spark plugs if you fly into n.j. he gave me one and when i went thru the metal detector at washingtion national i had to do a lot of explaining as to just what this device was. i finally thru it in the trash.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/26/01 at 11:48 (042517)

Hi,

The Germany idea is possible. We would also be very happy to do the treatment or treatments for you in Woodbury, New Jersey 1-856-848-3338 . So just let us know what you want to do .

The going rate for ossatron is anywhere from $4500 to $6000. The goin rate for the orbasone is anywhere from $2000 to $2500. If the doctor is doing the treatment in the hospital or in a Surgical Center you have to add on these costs.

Re: I don't think you're crazy, I think you're wonderful EOM

Julie on 3/26/01 at 21:16 (042586)

...and if I needed ESWT I'd fly over to NJ like a shot.

Kim B. on 3/27/01 at 01:39 (042605)

I notice a wide range in the price of the two different ESWT machines. Why is this?

Are they BOTH ESWT? What is the main difference between them?

Are the results the same? I gather that one (the Osatron) brings relief in one treatment with the patient under general anesthia. Where as, the Orbosone requires more treatments and little or no sedation (if so desired.)

Am I getting this straight so far? I am so very fustrated with this situation. They are both ESWT machines, right?

Why are we lumping them both togther and pratically representing them as one and the same (EWST) It seems that the differences in these machines needs more clarification.

Doesn't it make sense to better distinguish between these two? Espedially since there seems to be considerable differences in all stages of the proceedure?

Regards, Kim B,

Martha B. on 3/27/01 at 06:59 (042610)

I HAD ONLY A BLOCK INJECTION FOR THE OSSATRON IN Toronto-as I have said before the last 3 minutes hurt but what is 3 minutes compared to PF? The injection hurt much LESS than the dreaded cortisone shots! I paid $1500 US for 1 foot.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 3/29/01 at hrmin (042982)

Kim,

THe OssaTron does require anesthesia as the power sufficient to relieve the inflammation and pain in only 1 (usually) treatment is painful. It is very effective.

The only thing I know about the other machines, is what I read here. It seems as some patients without anesthesia are given lower energies than their doctor would like due to discomfort. This may lead to needing a second treatment.

I feel it is important to have follow-up and I do want to see my patients several weeks afterwards, this would be difficult for out of town patients, unless the follow up care is coordinated with your local pod, which would be fine.