Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

1st day after surgery

Posted by Pam R on 3/22/01 at 20:22 (042240)

Well it's about 9:00pm (eastern) and the last pain pill I took was at 6:00 this morning. I am walking ,weight-bearing for ten minutes at a time-then I Lay down and put Ice around my foot-rest for awhile and I get up again. Saturday I'll take the ace bandgage off and use an antibotic cream and regular bandaids. My doctor says he wants be walking because he doesn't want the tendon to fuse together again/ He said that where the trouble lies . You need to move-so I'm taking his advice . I see him on Tuesday the 27th. I think I'm doing really well. All I have is a dull ache and just a little numbness which is almost gone now. He said once the stitches are out ,I can use the cocoa-butter to massage the area so scar tissue won't set in. I thought y'all would like to know. Thanks for all your support,care and prayers. Love, Pam It's a sunny day in Georgia!!!

Re: 1st day after surgery

Susan U on 3/23/01 at 07:50 (042268)

Hey, Pam. Sounds wonderful! I can't believe you're off pain meds. already. Good for you! I hope the rest of your recovery goes as well and most importantly you get the long-term relief we all want. Keep us informed. I'm scheduled for April 11 for my foot and knee, so I am very curious about how your recovery is progressing.

Donna Y. on 3/26/01 at 21:44 (042592)

Hey Pam,

Had to post a reply and say that I'm in Georgia as well. Though it's cold here now, even with the beautiful sunny day we had today. Hope everything is going well for you still. Good luck and take care!

Donna

Susan U on 3/23/01 at 07:50 (042268)

Hey, Pam. Sounds wonderful! I can't believe you're off pain meds. already. Good for you! I hope the rest of your recovery goes as well and most importantly you get the long-term relief we all want. Keep us informed. I'm scheduled for April 11 for my foot and knee, so I am very curious about how your recovery is progressing.

Donna Y. on 3/26/01 at 21:44 (042592)

Hey Pam,

Had to post a reply and say that I'm in Georgia as well. Though it's cold here now, even with the beautiful sunny day we had today. Hope everything is going well for you still. Good luck and take care!

Donna