Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

litigation

Posted by Robert S on 3/22/01 at 21:33 (042245)

Has any one sucessfully litigated a case based on a claim that an automobile accident caused the development of plantar fasciitis? Are the symptoms of pain immediate, gradual, or both? Anyone?

Re: litigation

brian cped on 3/22/01 at 22:15 (042250)

You mean sucessful based on winning a case? I would imagine an accident that occured with your foot 1/2 on the brake pedal during impact could do it. with your mass and leg moving forward and the foot resting on the brake could cause a hyper extension/dorsiflexion moment that could strain the fascia.

I would imagine it could show up soon or within a short while if it was truly injured in the accident. Devils advocate could ask if pf symptoms started a while after it could be from compensating gait from say a knee or hip injury from the same accident. This is an interesting concept, I am sure some of the Doc on here could shed some light on it.

p.s. know any good Lawyer jokes?????

Scott R on 3/23/01 at 07:17 (042265)

Symptoms could take up to two days to show up, but a major case would probably show up right away. The brake pad suggestion is a a good one (or even clutch), but in a serious accident that deforms the car, even or especially with seat belt protection, the left foot resting on the floor is often the first victim, I think. Or it could be I think that just because I've seen so many test crashes that isolate it to the front left of the car. But then again, maybe most crashes are this way.

brian cped on 3/22/01 at 22:15 (042250)

You mean sucessful based on winning a case? I would imagine an accident that occured with your foot 1/2 on the brake pedal during impact could do it. with your mass and leg moving forward and the foot resting on the brake could cause a hyper extension/dorsiflexion moment that could strain the fascia.

I would imagine it could show up soon or within a short while if it was truly injured in the accident. Devils advocate could ask if pf symptoms started a while after it could be from compensating gait from say a knee or hip injury from the same accident. This is an interesting concept, I am sure some of the Doc on here could shed some light on it.

p.s. know any good Lawyer jokes?????

Scott R on 3/23/01 at 07:17 (042265)

Symptoms could take up to two days to show up, but a major case would probably show up right away. The brake pad suggestion is a a good one (or even clutch), but in a serious accident that deforms the car, even or especially with seat belt protection, the left foot resting on the floor is often the first victim, I think. Or it could be I think that just because I've seen so many test crashes that isolate it to the front left of the car. But then again, maybe most crashes are this way.