Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Where can I buy adhesive tape to wrap my foot??

Posted by HippieChick on 3/22/01 at 22:47 (042251)

It seems the 'adhesive tape' at Walgreens and Eckerds is no good. I want to find some like my doctor used to wrap my foot. It was soft, stretchy, and very adhesive. Plus I only get two wrappings with the Walgreens kind and it cost over $4.00. I cant afford that!!! I need it at least once a week. Any suggestions on where I can purchase some good tape?

Re: Where can I buy adhesive tape to wrap my foot??

Julie on 3/23/01 at 02:27 (042259)

I'm sorry I can't advise you on where to buy tape in the US, but can tell you that the tape I use is Leuko tape Classic (3.75cm wide) made by Beiersdorf in Spain. If it's available in the States, I can recommend it: it's very like your description, and it holds its tension well so that it gives support and relief all day.

Have you tried a more economical taping method? Have a look at Part 2 of the Heel Pain Book. I have used the simplest, tape-economical method of two strips connecting the ball of the foot and the heel, so ten metres of tape lasts me over a month (changing it ever day). It has been just as effective for me as the wrapping that uses half a roll of the stuff.

Helene M on 3/24/01 at 17:28 (042358)

My dr. used Elastoplast tape by Beiersdorf, which is a stretchy tape. You can probably buy it in a surgical supply store.

Steve on 3/26/01 at 09:48 (042500)

Why don't you try the Arch Aid. It is the same as taping in my opinion and without the ouch's. It is also reusable over and over. I never workout without them on.

HippieChick on 3/26/01 at 16:15 (042558)

What is Arch Aid? I haven't heard of that product. Where can I buy it and who makes it? Sounds like a good product.

Joe on 3/26/01 at 19:31 (042572)

Hey I used that Arch Aid Wrap and it worked!!!!!!!!!! It only costs $15.00 dollars as well. Here I was considering surgery that was going to cost me thousands and this simple thing did the trick. It may not work for you but it saved my ______________ feet. I was actually thinking of another word. They have a website that can tell you where to buy them. I think it is http://www.archaid.net . Yes that is the website I just looked up my order confirmation with them. It cost me $20 dollars ordering off the web.

Hope it works for some others like it did for me.

Joe

Julie on 3/23/01 at 02:27 (042259)

I'm sorry I can't advise you on where to buy tape in the US, but can tell you that the tape I use is Leuko tape Classic (3.75cm wide) made by Beiersdorf in Spain. If it's available in the States, I can recommend it: it's very like your description, and it holds its tension well so that it gives support and relief all day.

Have you tried a more economical taping method? Have a look at Part 2 of the Heel Pain Book. I have used the simplest, tape-economical method of two strips connecting the ball of the foot and the heel, so ten metres of tape lasts me over a month (changing it ever day). It has been just as effective for me as the wrapping that uses half a roll of the stuff.

Helene M on 3/24/01 at 17:28 (042358)

My dr. used Elastoplast tape by Beiersdorf, which is a stretchy tape. You can probably buy it in a surgical supply store.

Steve on 3/26/01 at 09:48 (042500)

Why don't you try the Arch Aid. It is the same as taping in my opinion and without the ouch's. It is also reusable over and over. I never workout without them on.

HippieChick on 3/26/01 at 16:15 (042558)

What is Arch Aid? I haven't heard of that product. Where can I buy it and who makes it? Sounds like a good product.

Joe on 3/26/01 at 19:31 (042572)

Hey I used that Arch Aid Wrap and it worked!!!!!!!!!! It only costs $15.00 dollars as well. Here I was considering surgery that was going to cost me thousands and this simple thing did the trick. It may not work for you but it saved my ______________ feet. I was actually thinking of another word. They have a website that can tell you where to buy them. I think it is http://www.archaid.net . Yes that is the website I just looked up my order confirmation with them. It cost me $20 dollars ordering off the web.

Hope it works for some others like it did for me.

Joe