Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Laurie R update

Posted by Laurie R on 3/23/01 at 01:22 (042255)

Hi Everyone,
Well let's see ,did I get the approval yet?? No I did not . My attorney says now she brings my case to a judge. Now this will take time to get a court date. I think it has been 7 or 8 weeks I have been waiting. The judge will have to approve my pre-op. My attorney also said that sometimes when the insurance company sees that it is going to court ,they will just approve it before the court date. If they don't then they get a fine .

MY foot was doing really good ,up until yesterday . I did some pretty stupid stuff. I have been in the house for so long and bored ,I washed my car . I told you I did some stupid stuff. I really don't know if that is what started this setback . But it was either do that or go nuts . So I figured wash the car , it made me feel good . Plus it was about 80* outside . A beautiful spring day...Now I am paying for it. You would think by now I would know that I can't do things like that without paying for it.

My best to all .Laurie R

Re: Laurie R update

Julie on 3/23/01 at 02:34 (042260)

Hi Laurie

So the saga goes on. My sympathies! Let's hope the insurance company takes fright and pulls its finger out.

Meanwhile, maybe it wasn't so stupid to wash the car on a beautiful Spring day. Sometimes we just have to do what we want and need to do and what will give us some joy, and blow the consequences.

Hope your feet are better tomorrow (no,today).

Take care

Julie

Steve P on 3/23/01 at 11:03 (042280)

Laurie ---- I was wondering what was going on with you! I hope the court date will be set soon. Maybe you can monitor this by calling the clerk of court's office (????) & checking directly with them. What a frustration!

Don't be discouraged about the setback. It happens to all of us. Just hang in there.

All the best.............U. Steve

Beverly on 3/23/01 at 22:56 (042314)

Laurie,

I agree with Julie. Sometimes we just have to get out and do something 'normal.' I bet it made you feel good to be out there washing your car on a pretty day and getting to feel independent.

I hope this court thing lights a match under the butts of your insurance company. I know you want to get this show on the road.

It is so easy for me to relate to going bonkers stuck in the house. I used to never watch TV. I didn't even know what was on. Now, I would hate to add up how many hours of the day I spend watching TV.

I hope you feel better after some rest,
Beverly

Laurie R on 3/23/01 at 23:25 (042315)

Hi Beverly,
You and Julie are so right. We do need to do some type of normal things once in a while ,just to feel good. I just like you never use to watch T.V. at all, I sure do now. Funny how when you can not walk you have favorite programs on T.V.

And yes this court thing is crazy,I always thought that a doctor would be the best for medical care ,not the courts......

How are you feeling Beverly??? I hope well....My best to all. Laurie R

Beverly on 3/24/01 at 14:42 (042339)

Laurie,

Hi! Thanks for asking about me. I'm no worse but no better. I seem to have stalled out in progress. I can go in Walgreens on a good day for fifteen or twenty minutes with only mild discomfort and on a bad day, it only somewhat painful to do that. And with a little soreness, I managed to walk through a big parking lot to take some friend's kids to a play. But I still had to sit on the floor while we waited our turn to get tickets. And the mall and grocery store without an electric scooter are a mere pipedream.

I keep seeing ads for jobs in my field that involve alot of walking around/standing on your feet/giving presentations/doing training/tours. I would so love to do that... get out of the house. I know I should just be greatful I have work that is done entirely on my butt at home. (I write press releases/publicity materials.) But is is so BORING!

I'm saving up my money for EWST. Gonna give it a try this summer.

I may give PT another try in the meantime. So far, my insurance hasn't balked.
Take care,
Beverly
PS: If you have cable, 'Casablanca' is on TV tonight.

Julie on 3/23/01 at 02:34 (042260)

Hi Laurie

So the saga goes on. My sympathies! Let's hope the insurance company takes fright and pulls its finger out.

Meanwhile, maybe it wasn't so stupid to wash the car on a beautiful Spring day. Sometimes we just have to do what we want and need to do and what will give us some joy, and blow the consequences.

Hope your feet are better tomorrow (no,today).

Take care

Julie

Steve P on 3/23/01 at 11:03 (042280)

Laurie ---- I was wondering what was going on with you! I hope the court date will be set soon. Maybe you can monitor this by calling the clerk of court's office (????) & checking directly with them. What a frustration!

Don't be discouraged about the setback. It happens to all of us. Just hang in there.

All the best.............U. Steve

Beverly on 3/23/01 at 22:56 (042314)

Laurie,

I agree with Julie. Sometimes we just have to get out and do something 'normal.' I bet it made you feel good to be out there washing your car on a pretty day and getting to feel independent.

I hope this court thing lights a match under the butts of your insurance company. I know you want to get this show on the road.

It is so easy for me to relate to going bonkers stuck in the house. I used to never watch TV. I didn't even know what was on. Now, I would hate to add up how many hours of the day I spend watching TV.

I hope you feel better after some rest,
Beverly

Laurie R on 3/23/01 at 23:25 (042315)

Hi Beverly,
You and Julie are so right. We do need to do some type of normal things once in a while ,just to feel good. I just like you never use to watch T.V. at all, I sure do now. Funny how when you can not walk you have favorite programs on T.V.

And yes this court thing is crazy,I always thought that a doctor would be the best for medical care ,not the courts......

How are you feeling Beverly??? I hope well....My best to all. Laurie R

Beverly on 3/24/01 at 14:42 (042339)

Laurie,

Hi! Thanks for asking about me. I'm no worse but no better. I seem to have stalled out in progress. I can go in Walgreens on a good day for fifteen or twenty minutes with only mild discomfort and on a bad day, it only somewhat painful to do that. And with a little soreness, I managed to walk through a big parking lot to take some friend's kids to a play. But I still had to sit on the floor while we waited our turn to get tickets. And the mall and grocery store without an electric scooter are a mere pipedream.

I keep seeing ads for jobs in my field that involve alot of walking around/standing on your feet/giving presentations/doing training/tours. I would so love to do that... get out of the house. I know I should just be greatful I have work that is done entirely on my butt at home. (I write press releases/publicity materials.) But is is so BORING!

I'm saving up my money for EWST. Gonna give it a try this summer.

I may give PT another try in the meantime. So far, my insurance hasn't balked.
Take care,
Beverly
PS: If you have cable, 'Casablanca' is on TV tonight.