Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Taping or arch wrap?

Posted by Rose on 3/24/01 at hrmin (042364)

I posted awhile ago in response to someone having used an arch wrap. I asked for a testimonial and I think 'Steve' emailed me with a site to purchase an arch wrap. I lost all my emails because of a computer crash. If you have any info I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Re: Taping or arch wrap?

Bill E on 3/25/01 at hrmin (042402)

I've seen some posts about arch wraps but somehow don't understand the biomechanics behind them for PF. I tried taping and it seemed to help the arch support but I have trouble with the tape on my skin. OTC orthotics with good arch support seem to work well for me so I haven't worked too hard at solving the taping issues. I don't think that I have any intrinsic biomechanical problems that need prescription orthotics. Birkenstocks seem to work very well for me also.

Re: Taping or arch wrap?

Bill E on 3/25/01 at hrmin (042402)

I've seen some posts about arch wraps but somehow don't understand the biomechanics behind them for PF. I tried taping and it seemed to help the arch support but I have trouble with the tape on my skin. OTC orthotics with good arch support seem to work well for me so I haven't worked too hard at solving the taping issues. I don't think that I have any intrinsic biomechanical problems that need prescription orthotics. Birkenstocks seem to work very well for me also.