Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good Feet Store

Posted by P.J.Q on 3/24/01 at hrmin (042370)

Does anyone know if the Good Feet Store really sells the great products that they claim to? They just opened a store near my home. Since my heels hurt so bad and I'm finding it difficult to deal with much longer, I've been tempted to purchase a pair of their orthodics. They range from $60 to $250 a pair. However, I don't have a lot of money, so this would be a HUGE investment. Also, I recently spoke with a salesman over the phone he repeatedly said that I would save money over the long run by buying two pair. Is it really a good idea to have two pair? A friend of mine said the orthodics she bought from a local pediatrist were a total rip off. Her son teasers her, saying she paid $400 for Dr. Scholls! I'd any appreciate advice/recommendations.
Thanks!!

Re: Good Feet Store

Nancy N on 3/24/01 at 22:28 (042377)

PJQ--

I don't know anything about the Good Feet Store, but if the orthotics aren't custom made, I wouldn't pay any $250 for them! I got a pair of Spencos in September for about $18, and they did me just fine for several months. I just got a pair of custom orthotics made by a C.Ped, and they cost me $315. I don't mind spending the money for something as long as it works, and I think you need to do a lot of investigating before you shell out that much cash. You will probably need a prescription from a doctor to have custom orthotics made, so you should ask around and see if you can find someone that's well recommended.

I would also recommend talking to Richard on the Inserts/Orthotics board if you have custom orthotic questions. He is a C.Ped and can answer a lot of questions, and also tell you what to look for in your search.

Bill E on 3/25/01 at hrmin (042403)

Like Nancy, I know nothing about the Good Feet Store. After lurking here and some posting, I believe that PF is a highly individualized injury. If you have a biomechanical problem in walking then custom orthotics, prescribed by a Dr. are probably the way to go. But from what I've seen here, there are lots of bad custom orthotics. You should probably do a lot of investigation here and elsewhere before investing. The biggest problem is that there is so much written here about them! It'll take some time to sort through it.

I have high arches, am getting older :-( and stupidly took a long run on the beach without shoes. That is how I damaged my plantar fascia, I am sure! So I have found that I react very well to OTC orthotics with good arch support. I have Spencos, Super-Feet, and Sorbothane. I like the Sorbothane best but they are pretty similar in their effectiveness. I also suggest orthotics with plenty of cushion under the heel; for comfort, if not to speed recovery. Mine have cost from about $18 to $35 depending on make, model, and where I bought them. But it is nice to have several for different shoes so I can customize them to fit the shoes.

PJ Q on 3/25/01 at hrmin (042411)

Thanks so much for the information. I truly appreciate it! The Good Feet Store does not offer custom made orthodics, so it seems that I need to find a good doctor to get the real thing.

I have really high arches & hypermobile joints in my feet and through out my body, including my knees, elbows, wrists, and fingers. My feet are so incredibly flexible that I can freak out most people with my amazing feet tricks! Thanks Again, PJ

Nancy N on 3/24/01 at 22:28 (042377)

PJQ--

I don't know anything about the Good Feet Store, but if the orthotics aren't custom made, I wouldn't pay any $250 for them! I got a pair of Spencos in September for about $18, and they did me just fine for several months. I just got a pair of custom orthotics made by a C.Ped, and they cost me $315. I don't mind spending the money for something as long as it works, and I think you need to do a lot of investigating before you shell out that much cash. You will probably need a prescription from a doctor to have custom orthotics made, so you should ask around and see if you can find someone that's well recommended.

I would also recommend talking to Richard on the Inserts/Orthotics board if you have custom orthotic questions. He is a C.Ped and can answer a lot of questions, and also tell you what to look for in your search.

Bill E on 3/25/01 at hrmin (042403)

Like Nancy, I know nothing about the Good Feet Store. After lurking here and some posting, I believe that PF is a highly individualized injury. If you have a biomechanical problem in walking then custom orthotics, prescribed by a Dr. are probably the way to go. But from what I've seen here, there are lots of bad custom orthotics. You should probably do a lot of investigation here and elsewhere before investing. The biggest problem is that there is so much written here about them! It'll take some time to sort through it.

I have high arches, am getting older :-( and stupidly took a long run on the beach without shoes. That is how I damaged my plantar fascia, I am sure! So I have found that I react very well to OTC orthotics with good arch support. I have Spencos, Super-Feet, and Sorbothane. I like the Sorbothane best but they are pretty similar in their effectiveness. I also suggest orthotics with plenty of cushion under the heel; for comfort, if not to speed recovery. Mine have cost from about $18 to $35 depending on make, model, and where I bought them. But it is nice to have several for different shoes so I can customize them to fit the shoes.

PJ Q on 3/25/01 at hrmin (042411)

Thanks so much for the information. I truly appreciate it! The Good Feet Store does not offer custom made orthodics, so it seems that I need to find a good doctor to get the real thing.

I have really high arches & hypermobile joints in my feet and through out my body, including my knees, elbows, wrists, and fingers. My feet are so incredibly flexible that I can freak out most people with my amazing feet tricks! Thanks Again, PJ