Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good manners for when we get "cured"

Posted by Beverly on 3/25/01 at 14:17 (042417)

(First, if you are reading this in bold print and a larger font, I have no idea why my computer is doing that. ) It is only doing it in some places on the Board but not in all places.

I have a suggestion... a matter of protocol. When we get 'cured', in recovery, what ever you want to call that glorious moment when one of us sails through days of activity with no pain, let's use good reporting manners.

As happy as I am that Sweetfeet is doing so well and came back to share that with us, it bugs me that she made a farewell address with no real info. other than that she feels cured. She told us this was her last post, but I guess we didn't believe it. So, numerous ones of us, responded with well wishes and questions about what put her on the road to happy trails. Now, over a week later, no word from Sweetfeet. For someone who was once a regular poster, I had hoped she'd answer our responses before saying 'Hasta La Vista!'

If I am ever so fortunate as to enter recovery, I promise to keep you all informed on every morsel of what may have brought me there. Nancy S. and John who are both doing splendidly and mostly recovered are good examples of keeping in touch.

Well, some of you may think this sounds bitchy, but the lack of followup communication was just so frustrating.
Thanks,
Beverly

Re: Good manners for when we get "cured"

Laurie R on 3/25/01 at 16:37 (042433)

Hi Beverly,
I am with you all the way. I never forget when someone has done something nice for me. And so many of you have helped me so much.... If it was not for this board ,I have no clue where I would be. I have learned so much here. I make the same promise as you do,I will keep posting. After all we talk about a lot more then just feet here.

Laurie R

Julie on 3/26/01 at 01:49 (042482)

Hi Beverly

No, of course you don't sound bitchy - you're absolutely right. It is frustrating when people just 'disappear' without answering questions or responding to well-wishers. But I guess we just have to accept that people are different, and have different ideas about friendship and responsibility. The people who 'disappear' from the board in mid-conversation are probably the same people who'd drift away from you in mid-conversation at a party (one of the reasons I don't care for parties).

Thank you for your promise to stick around. I feel the same as you. and Laurie, and although my foot is 95% better (down to no pain most of the time, at most a rare level 1 after unavoidable 'too much') I'm still here and will also stick around.

JudyS on 3/26/01 at 12:21 (042522)

I agree with you, Laurie. I'm absolutely sure that my continued success re: PF is at least 50% attributable to this message board.

john h on 3/26/01 at 18:36 (042568)

PF will always be lurking in my mind if not my feet as i am not convinced you are ever cured. you may go into remission but this is something like 'hidden dragon crouching tiger'!

Julie on 3/26/01 at 21:43 (042591)

I agree, John. I think that whatever happens and however long I remain pain free, it makes sense to be vigilant and regard PF as a problem that will always need to be taken care of.

Donna Y. on 3/26/01 at 22:00 (042594)

I wanted to post a quick response to Beverly and say first and foremost that I don't find this bitchy in the least. I have been doing very well since surgery and I continue to visit this board and try to offer a word of encouragement to those heading down the same path I've been down. And to sometimes offer an unsolicited report on my recovery with the hope that it might be just enough to help a person get through a very trying time pre-surgery. I don't believe I will ever just abandon this board completely. You all have been a tremendous help to me, especially prior to surgery which was one incredibly tough time for me emotionally since I was so unsure about whether I was making the 'right' decision.

You are all very special people and I thank you all once again for all of your past support to me and also for your unselfish help offered to others.

Donna

Cynthia D on 3/27/01 at 20:52 (042726)

Hi, my computer's been down for a few days but I'm with you all 100% -- now if we could get to that 'cured' place, wouldn't it be grand to come back to tell everyone here? I've already got mine written BTW, even though I can hardly walk now after overdoing it 'again'. I wish I could send you all a bouquet of flowers to say thanks for all the help I've received here.

Laurie R on 3/25/01 at 16:37 (042433)

Hi Beverly,
I am with you all the way. I never forget when someone has done something nice for me. And so many of you have helped me so much.... If it was not for this board ,I have no clue where I would be. I have learned so much here. I make the same promise as you do,I will keep posting. After all we talk about a lot more then just feet here.

Laurie R

Julie on 3/26/01 at 01:49 (042482)

Hi Beverly

No, of course you don't sound bitchy - you're absolutely right. It is frustrating when people just 'disappear' without answering questions or responding to well-wishers. But I guess we just have to accept that people are different, and have different ideas about friendship and responsibility. The people who 'disappear' from the board in mid-conversation are probably the same people who'd drift away from you in mid-conversation at a party (one of the reasons I don't care for parties).

Thank you for your promise to stick around. I feel the same as you. and Laurie, and although my foot is 95% better (down to no pain most of the time, at most a rare level 1 after unavoidable 'too much') I'm still here and will also stick around.

JudyS on 3/26/01 at 12:21 (042522)

I agree with you, Laurie. I'm absolutely sure that my continued success re: PF is at least 50% attributable to this message board.

john h on 3/26/01 at 18:36 (042568)

PF will always be lurking in my mind if not my feet as i am not convinced you are ever cured. you may go into remission but this is something like 'hidden dragon crouching tiger'!

Julie on 3/26/01 at 21:43 (042591)

I agree, John. I think that whatever happens and however long I remain pain free, it makes sense to be vigilant and regard PF as a problem that will always need to be taken care of.

Donna Y. on 3/26/01 at 22:00 (042594)

I wanted to post a quick response to Beverly and say first and foremost that I don't find this bitchy in the least. I have been doing very well since surgery and I continue to visit this board and try to offer a word of encouragement to those heading down the same path I've been down. And to sometimes offer an unsolicited report on my recovery with the hope that it might be just enough to help a person get through a very trying time pre-surgery. I don't believe I will ever just abandon this board completely. You all have been a tremendous help to me, especially prior to surgery which was one incredibly tough time for me emotionally since I was so unsure about whether I was making the 'right' decision.

You are all very special people and I thank you all once again for all of your past support to me and also for your unselfish help offered to others.

Donna

Cynthia D on 3/27/01 at 20:52 (042726)

Hi, my computer's been down for a few days but I'm with you all 100% -- now if we could get to that 'cured' place, wouldn't it be grand to come back to tell everyone here? I've already got mine written BTW, even though I can hardly walk now after overdoing it 'again'. I wish I could send you all a bouquet of flowers to say thanks for all the help I've received here.