Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain

Posted by margaret hansen on 3/25/01 at 16:23 (042428)

when I get up in the mornings I have really bad pain in my left foot and i t is so bad that it really hurts when I walk on it I've been to several foot doctors in the past they only give me shots and wrap my foot and that is it. I take tylenol and it works for several hours and the pain returns doctor what can I do please help me out I would appericate very much.

Re: heel pain

Dr . Zuckerman on 3/25/01 at 16:27 (042430)

What is causing the problem, how did it start. You need a re-evaluation. If the problem has been going on for greater then six months then ESWT may be an option for you. This is a non-invasive, non-surgical option that is very effective for chronic pain from plantar fasciitis and or heel spur pain. Read the section on this topic. Read the online book about plantar fasciitis. If you would like a packet on ESWT and video call my office at 1-856-848-3338 and we will be very happy to forward you this information.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 3/26/01 at hrmin (042469)

Margaret,
There are SEVERAL other conservative treatment options. Have you tried stretching, heel cups, ultasound, changing your shoe gear, etc? My practice (before I began performing ESW) was 40-50% heel pain and probably almost 95% of them got dramatic improvment with conservative treatment.

Dr . Zuckerman on 3/25/01 at 16:27 (042430)

What is causing the problem, how did it start. You need a re-evaluation. If the problem has been going on for greater then six months then ESWT may be an option for you. This is a non-invasive, non-surgical option that is very effective for chronic pain from plantar fasciitis and or heel spur pain. Read the section on this topic. Read the online book about plantar fasciitis. If you would like a packet on ESWT and video call my office at 1-856-848-3338 and we will be very happy to forward you this information.

Dr. Marlene Reid on 3/26/01 at hrmin (042469)

Margaret,
There are SEVERAL other conservative treatment options. Have you tried stretching, heel cups, ultasound, changing your shoe gear, etc? My practice (before I began performing ESW) was 40-50% heel pain and probably almost 95% of them got dramatic improvment with conservative treatment.