Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF

Posted by CatherineL on 3/26/01 at 13:41 (042530)

I have had PF since last May. I had tried many things except cortizone, laser therapy and ESWT.

I finally went to a clinic that specializes in injuries and received a foot exam, x-rays and suggestions. I opted for the cortizone.

My feet are EXTREMELY sensitive, so this was something I really wanted to leave alone. The pain of the injecction was excruciating. I nearly passed out, even though I was lying down. And I'm not a suck. I've had 2 children, kidney stones and lifelong migraines. I've dealt quite well with all of those, and I'd rather pass another kidney stone than go through another cortizone shot in my foot. Is it supposed to be that painful?

On a very good note, once the freezing (which was added to the shot) wore off, my foot felt very good. Probably at 90%. It's only been a few days, but I hope this ONE needle will have been my salvation.

Have you heard of laser treatments?

CL

Re: PF

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/26/01 at 14:54 (042542)

Hi,

There are laser photon treatment being done. There is also ultrasound. There is physical therapy, and ESWT. I don't know of anyplace in the USA doing the laser photon treatments.

CatherineL on 3/27/01 at 09:08 (042625)

Thanx for the quick response.

I've had tons of ultrasound done already and and about 50 hours of physical therapy.

The laser treatment is here in Manitoba. What have you heard about the success of it?

Also, regarding the excruciating pain of the cortizone shot, is this normal?

Thanx
CL

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/26/01 at 14:54 (042542)

Hi,

There are laser photon treatment being done. There is also ultrasound. There is physical therapy, and ESWT. I don't know of anyplace in the USA doing the laser photon treatments.

CatherineL on 3/27/01 at 09:08 (042625)

Thanx for the quick response.

I've had tons of ultrasound done already and and about 50 hours of physical therapy.

The laser treatment is here in Manitoba. What have you heard about the success of it?

Also, regarding the excruciating pain of the cortizone shot, is this normal?

Thanx
CL