Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Torn calf muscle

Posted by P Helm on 3/26/01 at 20:06 (042575)

I was wondering if anyone has torn their calf muscle prior to being diagnosed with TTS ? I tore mine a couple years ago , out of the blue. I wasn't even running. I just stood up really fast and turned and it popped. Anyway, I was wondering if maybe the TTS caused it.. having stiff and tight muscles?

Re: Torn calf muscle

Scott2 on 3/27/01 at 14:30 (042673)

I never tore my calf muscle, but I think tight muscles can contribute especially to the related plantar fascitis. I have way above average flexibility in all of my joints except when it comes to calf muscle being flexed. My normal walk is bad because my heel does not get the lift it needs with assistance from the calf muscle.

wendyn on 3/27/01 at 17:25 (042688)

Scott - I'm one of those overly flexible people too. That's interesting - I wonder if there's a lot of us here.

eileenc on 3/28/01 at 08:21 (042775)

My flexibility is/was well above-average too. In fact, that's what the D.O said just before he did an adjustment on me which severely sprained my back--- at a pain clinic where I had been sent for Tarsal Tunnel pain control. Very, Very interesting!! I later met a doctor who said that being excessively flexible is not always a 'good' thing. If your body sustains a traumatic injury and the tendons. muscles, and ligaments (which are designed to hold things in place) are too loose---the resulting injury can be worse.

Scott2 on 3/27/01 at 14:30 (042673)

I never tore my calf muscle, but I think tight muscles can contribute especially to the related plantar fascitis. I have way above average flexibility in all of my joints except when it comes to calf muscle being flexed. My normal walk is bad because my heel does not get the lift it needs with assistance from the calf muscle.

wendyn on 3/27/01 at 17:25 (042688)

Scott - I'm one of those overly flexible people too. That's interesting - I wonder if there's a lot of us here.

eileenc on 3/28/01 at 08:21 (042775)

My flexibility is/was well above-average too. In fact, that's what the D.O said just before he did an adjustment on me which severely sprained my back--- at a pain clinic where I had been sent for Tarsal Tunnel pain control. Very, Very interesting!! I later met a doctor who said that being excessively flexible is not always a 'good' thing. If your body sustains a traumatic injury and the tendons. muscles, and ligaments (which are designed to hold things in place) are too loose---the resulting injury can be worse.