Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I just talk to the first ESWT patient I did. She had ESWT after failed foot surgery

Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 3/27/01 at 14:33 (042675)

We have been tracking our patients and I just heard from the first patient that I performed ESWT. The date was January 26,1999. She had heel spur surgery done and was still in alot of pain four months post surgical. Well after the ESWT treatment she was painfree and back to work.
So this is a patient that is well over one year post ESWT orbasone treatment.

Re: I just talk to the first ESWT patient I did. She had ESWT after failed foot surgery

Donna SL on 3/27/01 at 14:51 (042677)

Dr. Z,

That's so wonderful. Please keep posting good results like this.

Donna

Re: Very encouraging

Beverly on 3/27/01 at 19:50 (042716)

Dr. Z.,

How encouraging. Glad to hear that poor woman got better. To fail surgery, she certainly needed some hope and luck. Looks like she found it. She she have garden variety PF or did she have ankle complications too?

Thanks,
Beverly

Re: A question

Cynthia D on 3/27/01 at 21:32 (042731)

Did she have one treatment or more? How long did it take for her to be pain-free following ESWT?

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/29/01 at 08:33 (042900)

One foot, one treatment. Pain-free the next day. She did have one flare-up six weeks later and then with a single steriod injection was pain-free over one year later. She did have a plantar fascia release five months before the ESWT procedure.

Carol D on 3/30/01 at 08:21 (043029)

Dr. Z, I also was pain-free the next day, and my PF is really flaring up after 5 wks post ESWT. I had both feet done, even though the left foot wasn't really that bad, but getting there. Can I ask you this? At what point do you feel the patient should begin to feel some improvement? 6 wks, 12 wks, 16 wks ??? And what is really happening inside the foot during this period? Your reply would be greatly appreciated.

Re: A question for Carol

Cynthia D on 3/31/01 at 14:29 (043162)

Hi Carol, we had ESWT about the same time, I'm 6 1/2 weeks now. I believe you had yours in Ft. Myers? Can I ask you what exactly is your activity level? How much walking, stairs, etc. I feel like every time I get some relief, I try to fuction a little more, doing dishes, diapers, etc. and then the next day or two I really pay for it with pain. What is your activity level? Isn't waiting hard?

I saw Dr. Dsai yesterday and she put me on oral steriods for five days. I'll let you know if that helps. I also was wondering about a steriod injection, but my second one before ESWT made me worse. Have you or anyone else tried that? Thanks.

Re: I just talk to the first ESWT patient I did. She had ESWT after failed foot surgery

Donna SL on 3/27/01 at 14:51 (042677)

Dr. Z,

That's so wonderful. Please keep posting good results like this.

Donna

Re: Very encouraging

Beverly on 3/27/01 at 19:50 (042716)

Dr. Z.,

How encouraging. Glad to hear that poor woman got better. To fail surgery, she certainly needed some hope and luck. Looks like she found it. She she have garden variety PF or did she have ankle complications too?

Thanks,
Beverly

Cynthia D on 3/27/01 at 21:32 (042731)

Did she have one treatment or more? How long did it take for her to be pain-free following ESWT?

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/29/01 at 08:33 (042900)

One foot, one treatment. Pain-free the next day. She did have one flare-up six weeks later and then with a single steriod injection was pain-free over one year later. She did have a plantar fascia release five months before the ESWT procedure.

Carol D on 3/30/01 at 08:21 (043029)

Dr. Z, I also was pain-free the next day, and my PF is really flaring up after 5 wks post ESWT. I had both feet done, even though the left foot wasn't really that bad, but getting there. Can I ask you this? At what point do you feel the patient should begin to feel some improvement? 6 wks, 12 wks, 16 wks ??? And what is really happening inside the foot during this period? Your reply would be greatly appreciated.

Re: A question for Carol

Cynthia D on 3/31/01 at 14:29 (043162)

Hi Carol, we had ESWT about the same time, I'm 6 1/2 weeks now. I believe you had yours in Ft. Myers? Can I ask you what exactly is your activity level? How much walking, stairs, etc. I feel like every time I get some relief, I try to fuction a little more, doing dishes, diapers, etc. and then the next day or two I really pay for it with pain. What is your activity level? Isn't waiting hard?

I saw Dr. Dsai yesterday and she put me on oral steriods for five days. I'll let you know if that helps. I also was wondering about a steriod injection, but my second one before ESWT made me worse. Have you or anyone else tried that? Thanks.