Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

bromelain and pancreatic enzymes

Posted by Lisa S. on 3/27/01 at 17:58 (042694)

Has anyone out there tried bromelain and pancreatic enzymes for PF inflamation?

Re: bromelain and pancreatic enzymes

Lori E. on 3/27/01 at 18:43 (042705)

I tried bromelain, and to be honest, it didn't do much for me. Some people have found it very effective. The dosing schedule was a pain. You need to take it on an empty stomach for it to have an anti-inflamitory effect. Two hours before eating or 4 hours after, I think. It has been a while since I took it. Also you want to keep it cool to maintain it's effectiveness.
I am finding vioxx much easier to take, and with a insured Rx much cheaper. But if it works for you go ahead and try it. It can't hurt you to see if this works. If it doesn't, nothing lost except the cost of the bromelain.

Julie on 3/28/01 at 02:55 (042754)

Lisa, try using the Search facility to see what others' experience has been - there have been past posts on bromelain. Also do a 'Search Scott's Book' search - he mentions bromelain and recommends it.

Barb-NY on 3/28/01 at 08:23 (042776)

I've been using bromelain twice a day for almost a year now. It works pretty well for me. Whenever I stop using it I notice a difference. I originally started using it for my tennis elbow.

Lori E. on 3/27/01 at 18:43 (042705)

I tried bromelain, and to be honest, it didn't do much for me. Some people have found it very effective. The dosing schedule was a pain. You need to take it on an empty stomach for it to have an anti-inflamitory effect. Two hours before eating or 4 hours after, I think. It has been a while since I took it. Also you want to keep it cool to maintain it's effectiveness.
I am finding vioxx much easier to take, and with a insured Rx much cheaper. But if it works for you go ahead and try it. It can't hurt you to see if this works. If it doesn't, nothing lost except the cost of the bromelain.

Julie on 3/28/01 at 02:55 (042754)

Lisa, try using the Search facility to see what others' experience has been - there have been past posts on bromelain. Also do a 'Search Scott's Book' search - he mentions bromelain and recommends it.

Barb-NY on 3/28/01 at 08:23 (042776)

I've been using bromelain twice a day for almost a year now. It works pretty well for me. Whenever I stop using it I notice a difference. I originally started using it for my tennis elbow.