Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

more foot/ankle problems.

Posted by rekha on 3/27/01 at hrmin (042710)

OK Dr Z and Dr B, at first I thought I was being a hypochondriac when this darn tingling, burning and odd sensations were occuring in my ankle area, and I was told that maybe it could be mild neuritis from post orbasone, these last two weeks the tingling got worse, my foot is throbbing, and it is visibly swollen right below the inner ankle (which is the tarsal tunnel area),

Last friday my physical therapist said it looks like 'nerve entrapment' in your ankle area, she says she has seen only few cases, but after manipulating my foot and dorsiflexing it-which caused pain, she is almost certain, which confirmed my innermost fears. It was nice to know I wasnt losing my mind, but by the same token I would have rather been wrong, Nothing is for certain, but the podiatrist looked at it again, and after viewing the swelling also feels something wrong in that area, but fell short of saying TTS. He is sending me for an MRI.

My ques: is MRI the way to go? does it show nerve entrapment?

I started noticing symptoms first in early Feb, almost 8 weeks now, and despite rest,icing, nsaid's it doesnt seem to be improving.

Re: more foot/ankle problems.

Dr. Biehler on 3/27/01 at 20:23 (042722)

An MRI will show thw soft tissue,bones and if there is inflamation. A nerve exam will show if the nerve is being affected. Dr. B.

Re: more foot/ankle problems.

Dr. Biehler on 3/27/01 at 20:23 (042722)

An MRI will show thw soft tissue,bones and if there is inflamation. A nerve exam will show if the nerve is being affected. Dr. B.