Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My research on TX docs doing EWST

Posted by Beverly on 3/27/01 at 19:46 (042714)

I've been emailing the Texas docs I can locate doing EWST. Most of them have only done a handful since this is so new to Texas, but I did find a Dr. John Marymont MD in Houston whose nurse says he has done 100+ and has been one of the 'fore fathers' in this treatment. Dr. Z., do you know him?

I also located a Dr. Leisten in Houston who has done 35 patients.

They reported a 70-90% success rate.

One doctor said my PTT should not be a complication for EWST. The other, saw it as a separate issue needing separate treatment.
This seems to be a source of debate. Some doctors I've seen post here on the EWST board indicate that PTT might get better when the PF gets better. Some seem to indicate that PTT could negatively impact the success of EWST. So, here I am confused. I keep hoping that if I can fix one of these conditions, the other will tag along for the ride and get better too. This is my biggest delimma now regarding my getting EWST.

They both said this costs $5000.00 per foot. But one said he's having success getting insurance coverage. This is alot more expensive than Dr. Z. in N.J.

Has anyone been treated by either of these Texas docs for EWST?

Well, in the meantime, I'm getting an appointment with a sports med. foot/ankle orthopedic doc here in DFW. I want to get a second opinion to make sure my ankle problems are PTT and not something else. My MRI only studied the foot and the little bit of the ankle where the foot and ankle meet. But what was seen of the ankle, didn't show anything.
Thanks,
Beverly

Re: My research on TX docs doing EWST

Bonnie on 3/29/01 at hrmin (042901)

I've also been trying to find someone in Texas to do the EWST. Do you remember which doctor had success with the insurance companies?

Neva S on 3/29/01 at hrmin (042918)

I am going to have my feet done on Monday by Dr. Richard Perez, DPM in San Antonio. He and his associate Dr. Strash (sp?) were the first in our area to do it, beginning in January. They've done 30+. They have had successes with some insurance companies. Dr. Perez has contributed to the message boards several times-that's how I came to be his patient.

Beverly on 3/29/01 at 12:13 (042929)

Bonnie,

The Houston doctors indicated some success with insurance. This is so new. I think it depends what kind of insurance you have. My common sense says that it will be much harder with an HMO than with a PPO or old fashioned indemnity policy.
Beverly

Bonnie on 3/29/01 at hrmin (042901)

I've also been trying to find someone in Texas to do the EWST. Do you remember which doctor had success with the insurance companies?

Neva S on 3/29/01 at hrmin (042918)

I am going to have my feet done on Monday by Dr. Richard Perez, DPM in San Antonio. He and his associate Dr. Strash (sp?) were the first in our area to do it, beginning in January. They've done 30+. They have had successes with some insurance companies. Dr. Perez has contributed to the message boards several times-that's how I came to be his patient.

Beverly on 3/29/01 at 12:13 (042929)

Bonnie,

The Houston doctors indicated some success with insurance. This is so new. I think it depends what kind of insurance you have. My common sense says that it will be much harder with an HMO than with a PPO or old fashioned indemnity policy.
Beverly