Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Guess There Will Be Another Surgery

Posted by Nancy M on 3/27/01 at 20:03 (042718)

Just a little update.....Well after three weeks of PT and no imporvement with my sinus tarsi syndrome I guess I'll be having surgery again. Not sure when since I can't get in to see the doctor until April 24th.

Nancy M in AZ

Re: Guess There Will Be Another Surgery

Jen on 3/27/01 at 21:36 (042734)

What type of surgery did you have?

Jen

Nancy M on 3/28/01 at 05:44 (042759)

So for I've had EPF surgery (left foot Setpember 1998, right foot March 1999), 3 neuromas removed (1 left foot June 1998, 1 left foot and 1 right foot July 1999), along with 2 different stress fractures in my left foot. The first one on the top in February 1998 and the second one was the cuboid bone April 2000, which took 5 months to heal. The sinus tarsi syndrome is also in my left foot. I've been reading the board daily since this all started, but only post occassinally. Hurts like @#!* this morning.

Nancy M in AZ

Jen on 3/28/01 at 06:37 (042760)

OUch!!! You have been through so much already. Why do you need surgery again? Has it been all worth it for you?

Jen

Terry T. on 3/28/01 at hrmin (042831)

I am so sorry. You poor thing. It sounds like you have been through so much. My heart goes out to you. Hang in there. Keep us posted. Terry.

Nancy M on 3/28/01 at 18:01 (042853)

This next surgery will be for the sinus tarsi syndrome which is like carpal tunnel except in my foot. Once I see the doctor I'll let you know exactly what will be done. All previous surgeries were a success - no problems post surgery. All other surgeries were done by my Pod or my friendly foot doctor as I call him. This surgery will be done by an orthopedic surgeon recommended by my Pod. It seems like I get one problem healed and then antoher one shows up.

Nancy M in AZ

Jen on 3/27/01 at 21:36 (042734)

What type of surgery did you have?

Jen

Nancy M on 3/28/01 at 05:44 (042759)

So for I've had EPF surgery (left foot Setpember 1998, right foot March 1999), 3 neuromas removed (1 left foot June 1998, 1 left foot and 1 right foot July 1999), along with 2 different stress fractures in my left foot. The first one on the top in February 1998 and the second one was the cuboid bone April 2000, which took 5 months to heal. The sinus tarsi syndrome is also in my left foot. I've been reading the board daily since this all started, but only post occassinally. Hurts like @#!* this morning.

Nancy M in AZ

Jen on 3/28/01 at 06:37 (042760)

OUch!!! You have been through so much already. Why do you need surgery again? Has it been all worth it for you?

Jen

Terry T. on 3/28/01 at hrmin (042831)

I am so sorry. You poor thing. It sounds like you have been through so much. My heart goes out to you. Hang in there. Keep us posted. Terry.

Nancy M on 3/28/01 at 18:01 (042853)

This next surgery will be for the sinus tarsi syndrome which is like carpal tunnel except in my foot. Once I see the doctor I'll let you know exactly what will be done. All previous surgeries were a success - no problems post surgery. All other surgeries were done by my Pod or my friendly foot doctor as I call him. This surgery will be done by an orthopedic surgeon recommended by my Pod. It seems like I get one problem healed and then antoher one shows up.

Nancy M in AZ