Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

interferential

Posted by paula on 3/28/01 at 14:17 (042815)

hey docs, no one in treatment and symptoms seem to know about interferential machines, so ive moved the question over here. pt got me one, says it will reduce pain and inflammation of pf. know anything about these machines?

Re: hello? is my pt from mars? has no one heard of this?

paula on 3/29/01 at 09:08 (042904)

she seems to think this machine will be a big player in ultimately eliminating my pf pain and inflammation. am i alone in the universe? no one has heard of this?

john a on 3/29/01 at 09:59 (042908)

I'm not a doctor, but I found this mention of the machine at a chiropractor's site:

Interferential: This machine uses electric current to
raise the level of the body's natural opiates
(endorphins and enkephalons). These natural opiates
are powerful pain eliminators and mood enhancers.
[] uses this machine to control pain after
auto accidents and other trauma. It will eliminate pain
for up to 15 hours and allows a patient to greatly
lower his or her need for pain killers for many hours
afterward. The electrodes create a pleasant tingly
sensation. Each treatment lasts about 15 minutes.

Don't know if this is the same thing as your machine.

Re: interferential

Barb-NY on 3/29/01 at 10:24 (042912)

My Chiro used this machine on me several times. It made my feet feel better for a day or so, but the pain always returned. He has also used it on my back and shoulders...it worked better on those parts.

paula on 3/29/01 at 11:31 (042925)

my pt suggested it, my pod wrote a presciption, my insurance company let me rent one and here it sits, as i try to figure out from the diagrams how to use it. when therapist hooked me up it seemed to help. i'll report back here once i get this gizmo going on how it's doin me. maybe others will find some pain relief too. i am mechanically and electronically severely challenged. it's amazing i can turn a computer on and off.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/29/01 at 11:34 (042926)

I have heard and use this treatment for heel pain years ago. I can't tell you that it really made a big difference in the patients that I use it on.

paula on 3/29/01 at 09:08 (042904)

she seems to think this machine will be a big player in ultimately eliminating my pf pain and inflammation. am i alone in the universe? no one has heard of this?

john a on 3/29/01 at 09:59 (042908)

I'm not a doctor, but I found this mention of the machine at a chiropractor's site:

Interferential: This machine uses electric current to
raise the level of the body's natural opiates
(endorphins and enkephalons). These natural opiates
are powerful pain eliminators and mood enhancers.
[] uses this machine to control pain after
auto accidents and other trauma. It will eliminate pain
for up to 15 hours and allows a patient to greatly
lower his or her need for pain killers for many hours
afterward. The electrodes create a pleasant tingly
sensation. Each treatment lasts about 15 minutes.

Don't know if this is the same thing as your machine.

Barb-NY on 3/29/01 at 10:24 (042912)

My Chiro used this machine on me several times. It made my feet feel better for a day or so, but the pain always returned. He has also used it on my back and shoulders...it worked better on those parts.

paula on 3/29/01 at 11:31 (042925)

my pt suggested it, my pod wrote a presciption, my insurance company let me rent one and here it sits, as i try to figure out from the diagrams how to use it. when therapist hooked me up it seemed to help. i'll report back here once i get this gizmo going on how it's doin me. maybe others will find some pain relief too. i am mechanically and electronically severely challenged. it's amazing i can turn a computer on and off.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/29/01 at 11:34 (042926)

I have heard and use this treatment for heel pain years ago. I can't tell you that it really made a big difference in the patients that I use it on.