Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Two Weeks Post Op Update

Posted by GinaC on 3/28/01 at 14:23 (042817)

I had open fascia release, heel spur removal and tarsal tunnel release on 3/15. Went to the doctor and had my stiches out today. after being non-weight bearing (except for toe touches) for 2 weeks. Here's the new game plan: walk on surgeried foot's toes on crutches, walk on toes without crutches, walk on heel/whole foot on crutches,then after about 4 weeks, try walking heel/whole foot without crutches. If I have a lot of pain, I'm supposed to back off for a while. I also have to do ankle flexibility exercises, stretch the fascia by pulling on the toes, and message the heel and ankle.

I now have steri strips across the incision and as soon as they fall off (in a week, maybe sooner with help!), I can swim again, so I'm very happy about that. I'm also instructed to try wearing my regular shoes with orthotics and a heel cushion. I had full nerve sensation in my foot today. Still don't know how I will ultimately heal, but I'm hopeful about recovery for the time being...please keep your fingers crossed for me!

Re: Two Weeks Post Op Update

Terry T. on 3/28/01 at hrmin (042829)

Gina,
Glad to hear you are doing so well. I am also 2-weeks post-op and got my stitches out today. Isn't that a great feeling? My heel is still pretty numb which kind of concerns me but my pod says that will go away. Keep us posted on how you are doing and HAVE FUN SWIMMING!!! Terry

Re: Two Weeks Post Op Update

Terry T. on 3/28/01 at hrmin (042829)

Gina,
Glad to hear you are doing so well. I am also 2-weeks post-op and got my stitches out today. Isn't that a great feeling? My heel is still pretty numb which kind of concerns me but my pod says that will go away. Keep us posted on how you are doing and HAVE FUN SWIMMING!!! Terry