Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Zcoils-OMG

Posted by John M. on 3/28/01 at hrmin (042845)

I have had a pair of Zcoils for 3 days now. They are the ugliest shoes I have ever seen. I would throw them in the trash except THEY WORK!!!!. I have been essentially pain free for 2 days now, including my chronically inflammed right metatarsal (caused by overcompensating for the PF). You can see them at http://www.zcoil.com . I have seen them off and on for a few in years becasue they make them here in Albuquerque.

Re: Zcoils-FLUBBER

bg cped on 3/28/01 at 17:36 (042850)

Did Fred McMurry deliver them? Just kidding I looked at the site, it would appear they off load the heel and reduce tension on achilles tendon very well. How are they for medial/lateral stability? seem like the would make it easy to suffer inversion sprain on them. Maybe good for pain relief but not too safe for heavy activity?

john h on 3/28/01 at 18:13 (042854)

i wonder if i could finally 'dunk' a basketball in those babies?

john M. on 3/28/01 at 18:53 (042860)

So far no problem. They were actually developed as running shoes. It has a built in orthotic that keeps the arch from flexing to help the PF. The MT feels fine

JudyS on 3/28/01 at 23:59 (042879)

doesn't Nike have something similiar to the Zcoil in production?

John M. on 3/29/01 at 18:05 (042973)

The Nike version looks similar but the coils arent steel they are a kind of stiff fabric

Re: Zcoils-OMG

lori B. on 4/03/01 at 17:24 (043481)

Just had to respond to a fellow Albuquerque-ian. I lived there 4 years (% yrs ago.) LOVED the place!
As for the Zcoils- weirdest looking shoe I have ever seen. Do you actually wear them in public? What kind of reaction do you get? I am willing to give them a try if they would actually work.

Cynthia D on 4/04/01 at 20:00 (043634)

Ordered them!! Remember, I'll try anything to get better!! They actually emailed me (a real live person did) and told me how much I was going to like them. Great customer service.

bg cped on 3/28/01 at 17:36 (042850)

Did Fred McMurry deliver them? Just kidding I looked at the site, it would appear they off load the heel and reduce tension on achilles tendon very well. How are they for medial/lateral stability? seem like the would make it easy to suffer inversion sprain on them. Maybe good for pain relief but not too safe for heavy activity?

john h on 3/28/01 at 18:13 (042854)

i wonder if i could finally 'dunk' a basketball in those babies?

john M. on 3/28/01 at 18:53 (042860)

So far no problem. They were actually developed as running shoes. It has a built in orthotic that keeps the arch from flexing to help the PF. The MT feels fine

JudyS on 3/28/01 at 23:59 (042879)

doesn't Nike have something similiar to the Zcoil in production?

John M. on 3/29/01 at 18:05 (042973)

The Nike version looks similar but the coils arent steel they are a kind of stiff fabric

lori B. on 4/03/01 at 17:24 (043481)

Just had to respond to a fellow Albuquerque-ian. I lived there 4 years (% yrs ago.) LOVED the place!
As for the Zcoils- weirdest looking shoe I have ever seen. Do you actually wear them in public? What kind of reaction do you get? I am willing to give them a try if they would actually work.

Cynthia D on 4/04/01 at 20:00 (043634)

Ordered them!! Remember, I'll try anything to get better!! They actually emailed me (a real live person did) and told me how much I was going to like them. Great customer service.