Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

"Air Cell" shoes 4 times more likely to cause ankle injuries in athletes

Posted by john a on 3/29/01 at 13:03 (042933)

http://www.newscientist.com/dailynews/news.jsp?id=ns9999555

I know that many here like Rebok DMX shoes for their cushioning, but there seems to be another side to the story. Just interesting...

Re: "Air Cell" shoes 4 times more likely to cause ankle injuries in athletes

john h on 3/29/01 at 18:01 (042968)

i had read several articles over a year ago about the dangers of air cushioned shoes especially in achilles tendonitis. i quit wearing them several years ago.

bg cped on 3/29/01 at 18:04 (042970)

This is a very timely article. I have been against the reebok dmx shoe for years. especially the all white one with the 2 air lumps on the bottom. they are about as stable as a three wheeled shopping cart.. If anybody has a pair that is over a month old, take your thumb and press on the bubble under the heel. Kinda like a flat tire on a car

john h on 3/29/01 at 18:01 (042968)

i had read several articles over a year ago about the dangers of air cushioned shoes especially in achilles tendonitis. i quit wearing them several years ago.

bg cped on 3/29/01 at 18:04 (042970)

This is a very timely article. I have been against the reebok dmx shoe for years. especially the all white one with the 2 air lumps on the bottom. they are about as stable as a three wheeled shopping cart.. If anybody has a pair that is over a month old, take your thumb and press on the bubble under the heel. Kinda like a flat tire on a car