Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

9 Mos Post-Op and not any better...Planter Fascia

Posted by Tracey A on 3/30/01 at 16:10 (043078)

Dear Doctors,

We'll its now 9 mos since my 2nd surgery and I am not getting better. Heel is still numb and swollen. It is also purple in color and I continue to walk on my toes. Some days are so painful that I can't walk on it. I've noticed that my back is hurting and my legs ache. My 2nd doctor eleased me back to work in January but I told him I was in to much pain but he released anyway. I had to quit work I had no choose because I could not give my employer 100% of myself due to pain. In fact the doctor just cut me lose. My MRI came back normal and he just throw in the towel. At present time I am not seeing a doctor, what's the point. Why do doctor not listen to their patients when they tell them that they are in pain, to me that says something is wrong. We know our bodies why don't they listen to us. I am not getting better.

Re: 9 Mos Post-Op and not any better...Planter Fascia

Pam R. on 3/30/01 at 17:06 (043083)

Don't throw in the towel. Stand up for your rights. Consider that doctor fired and find one that is understanding and compassionate. They are still out there-maybe few and far between, but don't give up. You have a right to be treated with respect and for your doctor to believe you and help you when you are in pain. Remember , you hired him to help you. I have some wonderful doctors that have helped me through some very hard times, but I went through alot of uncaring, obnoxious,self-centered snobs before I found the right team willing to listen and help only if it's to have a shoulder to cry on. Please, I know what pain is like-I live with it on a daily basis because of Fibromyalgia. I also just had the surgery done. I hurt and it's sore but I've been weight-bearing since right after surgery. Were you casted and non-weight-bearing? I'm just curious. Every doctor is so different in how they approach this surgery. But CHIN UP,PLEASE,and next time you meet a new doctor--interview him--in a way he is applying for a job because it's your money that is going to pay for his services. Soft((HUGS)) Pam

Tracey A on 3/30/01 at 21:01 (043105)

Hi Pam,
Thanks for the words of encouragement they really help. I did go to a 3rd doctor and he said that my foot has permanent damage. He said anymore surgery would not be a benefit. He also said surgery should of been the last resort. My first doctor only tape my foot once and put me in an aircast for two weeks and then did surgery(7-8-00) He did open heel surgery (he said recovery time is the as endoscopic). I went to P.T for almost 2 weeks it did not help. He gave up and sent me to another doctor who did another surgery(9-12-00)and went to P.T again for 2 months. It did'nt help. The first surgeron cut to far back on my heel and cut the nerves, my heel is still numb and the second surgeon extended that incision and went under the arch and cut the blood vessels and now the blood has no place to go, so it stays in the heel and the heel is swollen and purple. The third surgeon says the damage has been done and there is nothing else to be done. I should of never had the surgery and there never told what may go wrong. They told me that I would feel alot better. Like I said I had to quit work and could not pay my bills, now I'm being sued by everyone. I was suppose to be out of work for the most 2 months. I'm going into my 10th month. My life is a living hell because of the surgeries.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/31/01 at 12:13 (043148)

Hi,

Where do you live.?

Tracey A on 3/31/01 at 14:15 (043158)

Dr.Z, I live in Oklahoma City OK

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/01/01 at 13:06 (043245)

Hi,

I would look into ESWT. We now have many doctors in the USA who do ESWT.
We are still offering ESWT at $1200 for this month. If this is too far for you go to the ESWT location and take a look at the many locations.

Pam R. on 3/30/01 at 17:06 (043083)

Don't throw in the towel. Stand up for your rights. Consider that doctor fired and find one that is understanding and compassionate. They are still out there-maybe few and far between, but don't give up. You have a right to be treated with respect and for your doctor to believe you and help you when you are in pain. Remember , you hired him to help you. I have some wonderful doctors that have helped me through some very hard times, but I went through alot of uncaring, obnoxious,self-centered snobs before I found the right team willing to listen and help only if it's to have a shoulder to cry on. Please, I know what pain is like-I live with it on a daily basis because of Fibromyalgia. I also just had the surgery done. I hurt and it's sore but I've been weight-bearing since right after surgery. Were you casted and non-weight-bearing? I'm just curious. Every doctor is so different in how they approach this surgery. But CHIN UP,PLEASE,and next time you meet a new doctor--interview him--in a way he is applying for a job because it's your money that is going to pay for his services. Soft((HUGS)) Pam

Tracey A on 3/30/01 at 21:01 (043105)

Hi Pam,
Thanks for the words of encouragement they really help. I did go to a 3rd doctor and he said that my foot has permanent damage. He said anymore surgery would not be a benefit. He also said surgery should of been the last resort. My first doctor only tape my foot once and put me in an aircast for two weeks and then did surgery(7-8-00) He did open heel surgery (he said recovery time is the as endoscopic). I went to P.T for almost 2 weeks it did not help. He gave up and sent me to another doctor who did another surgery(9-12-00)and went to P.T again for 2 months. It did'nt help. The first surgeron cut to far back on my heel and cut the nerves, my heel is still numb and the second surgeon extended that incision and went under the arch and cut the blood vessels and now the blood has no place to go, so it stays in the heel and the heel is swollen and purple. The third surgeon says the damage has been done and there is nothing else to be done. I should of never had the surgery and there never told what may go wrong. They told me that I would feel alot better. Like I said I had to quit work and could not pay my bills, now I'm being sued by everyone. I was suppose to be out of work for the most 2 months. I'm going into my 10th month. My life is a living hell because of the surgeries.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/31/01 at 12:13 (043148)

Hi,

Where do you live.?

Tracey A on 3/31/01 at 14:15 (043158)

Dr.Z, I live in Oklahoma City OK

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/01/01 at 13:06 (043245)

Hi,

I would look into ESWT. We now have many doctors in the USA who do ESWT.
We are still offering ESWT at $1200 for this month. If this is too far for you go to the ESWT location and take a look at the many locations.