Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New New Balance shoes and new orthotic update

Posted by wendyn on 3/30/01 at 20:01 (043098)

I ordered some new new balance walking shoes (black suede) and waited 3 weeks for them to come in. I was so excited because they are soft and don't compress the TT area.

Now I feel a bit like Goldilocks. My new shoes were just TOO soft. I found they were not only soft on the shoe part - the sole was way too flexible and I was in agony after 1/2 day wear in them. Even with my orthotic there was almost zero support in my inner arch area and I could actually feel how bad my feet pronate to the inside while I walked. I took them back to the store (it's a first rate running store and they're very good about returns). The sales clerk said 'Oh, yes they're very flexible. We never recommend them to people who pronate or who have foot problems.'. Perfect - why didn't the sales girl tell me that the day I ordered them???

Whatever. $142.00 Canadian (WAY WAY overpriced for what they were) but at least I got my money back.

Still like my orthotics in my running shoes, still looking for a pair of casual shoes I can wear them in.....