Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

POST OP

Posted by carol on 3/31/01 at 11:12 (043137)

My recovery from tts seems to have been longer and different from most. My Surgeon insisted on a cast to the knee and no weight bearing for two weeks. It came off last Monday (after 6 weeks) and I am now in a tight eleastic stocking (very sexy!) and still have to keep my foot up as often as I can. I must admit its very sore under the sole of my foot and feels like a hedgehog. The ankle of course was stiff but is now getting better and I am having PT three times a weeks. Its my second tts release and the scar this time is about 8 inches long but that is mainly beacuse the first one went septic and produced scar tissue which of course had to be cut away and that particular Doc was the wrong person for this op (Iagree that one must find an experienced person for this type of op) I must say its been very painful indeed because the nerve has had to be tampered with to clean it all out but I am assured it will be a success!!! Would love to hear how long this sole nerve pain will be likely to last and Dr. Zuckerman is there anything more I can do to stop scar tissue forming. The scar looks good, is tender but not too bad. When I massage it I can feel the shooting nereve referrels in my sole which is a bit worrying? I am so scared of tissue again compressing the nerve! My Doc is the tops in South Africa and I really think he is good - people come from all over.Scott you seem to have done so well - wish I knew the secret!! Maybe age!!!! Also can any of you clever Americans tell me what a UK size 7 is in Birkenstocks - I want to order but don't seem to get a reply from them to my question!

Re: POST OP

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/31/01 at 11:25 (043139)

Hi,

It sounds like you are really doing everything that can be done. Rest, Physical therapy, elevation. We do know that reduction is swelling means less scar tissue. So you are doing it all. Time is about all that can be added at this time.

Re: POST OP

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/31/01 at 11:25 (043139)

Hi,

It sounds like you are really doing everything that can be done. Rest, Physical therapy, elevation. We do know that reduction is swelling means less scar tissue. So you are doing it all. Time is about all that can be added at this time.