Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Two things--one good, one bad

Posted by Kay S on 4/01/01 at 19:34 (043282)

And neither one has to do with feet! For everyone who does laundry, I just went to the dryer and found a melted lip pencil, which had melted its color all over the things I had in there. I threw one blouse out and am kicking myself since I am the one who left the darn thing in there. Haven't we all done this?????
The second thing, the good one, is that my 17 year old daugther 'saved' a little boy from drowning today. She works as a lifeguard at the high school pool and saw this 4 yr. old struggling, jumped in with her shorts and shirt on, and dragged him out. He was there with his grandmother, who said 'I was watching him'. Yeah, right. My daughter said that he had gulped lots of water and was coughing and sputtering like crazy. Anyway, she was so thrilled she had to call home afterwards to tell us, and she was even excited about filling out the paper work involved. She has been doing this since September, but never has had an incident. I think she was happy that she responded the way she was taught. She said the grandma didn't even thank her, but other mothers were patting her on the back and telling her what a good job she did, so that made up for it.
Kay

Re: Two things--one good, one bad

Laurie R on 4/01/01 at 20:43 (043285)

Hi Kay,
Let me start with your good thing first. I bet your daughter was on cloud 9 ...What a wonderful thing she did today.... Tell her I said way to go!!!!!!! Now for your lip pencil. My oldest daughter is forever leaving her lip gloss in her pockets of her pants . And of course it gets all over everything I washed. To bad you had to throw your blouse away ....On the treatment board I htink it was Janet that was talking about coke doing all kinds of crazy cleaning. I was thinking if Coke would take out stains like lip stick . She did say to put in in the wash .... I will try it to see if it works. I will let you know....I hope your feet are doing better Kay..My very best to you.... Laurie R

Nancy N on 4/01/01 at 21:19 (043287)

Kim--

You can certainly be very proud of her daughter. I'm glad she knows what a great thing she did, too.

As for the lipstick, I did the same thing a few years ago with some lip gloss (not the clear kind, this was the stuff that's one step down from lipstick and was definitely very colorful!). It got all over a pair of my shorts, but through some miracle, I was able to get it out. I used the Shout stain remover that comes in a bottle with a brush on the lid. If you can rescue the blouse, you might want to try that, unless it's a very delicate fabric--I think the brush would be bad on certain fabrics.

Joanne on 4/02/01 at 21:14 (043375)

Try hairspray on the stain. It works well on ink stains, maybe it may help this stain too. I'm happy for your daughter- sounds like she responded well in a difficult situation.

Kay S on 4/03/01 at 20:12 (043506)

Thanks for the laundry advice, Joanne, but I already pitched the blouse because it was a thin dressy material, and anything I'd do to it would probably put a big hole in it, and there were lots of spots of the lip color on it. I have used hairspray in the past and it works great on certain stains, though I can't remember why. I have a whole cabinet full of laundry products because I am the 'stain queen' as my friends call me.
Have a good day!
Kay

Laurie R on 4/01/01 at 20:43 (043285)

Hi Kay,
Let me start with your good thing first. I bet your daughter was on cloud 9 ...What a wonderful thing she did today.... Tell her I said way to go!!!!!!! Now for your lip pencil. My oldest daughter is forever leaving her lip gloss in her pockets of her pants . And of course it gets all over everything I washed. To bad you had to throw your blouse away ....On the treatment board I htink it was Janet that was talking about coke doing all kinds of crazy cleaning. I was thinking if Coke would take out stains like lip stick . She did say to put in in the wash .... I will try it to see if it works. I will let you know....I hope your feet are doing better Kay..My very best to you.... Laurie R

Nancy N on 4/01/01 at 21:19 (043287)

Kim--

You can certainly be very proud of her daughter. I'm glad she knows what a great thing she did, too.

As for the lipstick, I did the same thing a few years ago with some lip gloss (not the clear kind, this was the stuff that's one step down from lipstick and was definitely very colorful!). It got all over a pair of my shorts, but through some miracle, I was able to get it out. I used the Shout stain remover that comes in a bottle with a brush on the lid. If you can rescue the blouse, you might want to try that, unless it's a very delicate fabric--I think the brush would be bad on certain fabrics.

Joanne on 4/02/01 at 21:14 (043375)

Try hairspray on the stain. It works well on ink stains, maybe it may help this stain too. I'm happy for your daughter- sounds like she responded well in a difficult situation.

Kay S on 4/03/01 at 20:12 (043506)

Thanks for the laundry advice, Joanne, but I already pitched the blouse because it was a thin dressy material, and anything I'd do to it would probably put a big hole in it, and there were lots of spots of the lip color on it. I have used hairspray in the past and it works great on certain stains, though I can't remember why. I have a whole cabinet full of laundry products because I am the 'stain queen' as my friends call me.
Have a good day!
Kay