Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Kidney Stones

Posted by Richard, C.Ped on 4/03/01 at 08:16 (043410)

Sorry that I have not written in a while, but I have been suffering from kindney stones since last thursday. I have not been in too much of a mood to even log on. I will be back 100% soon.
Richard

Re: Kidney Stones

Nancy N on 4/03/01 at 08:24 (043411)

Richard--I'm so sorry to hear that you have kidney stones!! Are they going to zap the stones for you? Maybe Dr. Z will find a way to do that with the orbasone for you :)

Take care of yourself and we'll hope to hear that you're better soon!

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/03/01 at 08:59 (043414)

Sorry to hear about this. I had kidney stones about two years ago. You should of seen Dr. Z. I walked into the ER and demanded pain medication before the examination. I though they were going to call security .I was out of control. So they still made me wait thirty minutes before the good old doctor in the empty ER finally finished his coffee. I wished him plantar fasciitis for life.

Rest, Rest, drink plenty of water.

JudyS on 4/03/01 at 12:05 (043439)

Oh Richard you poor guy! I've never had kidney stones but have seen several friends go through it so you sure have my sympathy! What's the status after nearly a week?
Maybe Dr. Z could zap them for you.......

Lori E. on 4/03/01 at 21:21 (043523)

Richard,
I was wondering where you were. I just thought you got busy with all those feet.
I am so sorry you had to experience that. I had a kidney infection about 12 years ago and it ranks 10 on my pain scale (I know not quite the same, but as I understand close.)
I said at the time if this pain is anything like having babies... not for me! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Pauline on 4/04/01 at 18:57 (043624)

Richard,
One of the worst possible type of pains. I'm so sorry that you had the misfortune to get a kidney stone. For what it's worth, I was told by a friend who just went through what you have been experiencing when you get well, drink enough water during the day to keep your urine near colorless.

His doctor says this will help him not to form any more stone. I suppose water can't hurt. Wishing you a very speedy recovery.

Cynthia D on 4/04/01 at 20:27 (043638)

Some comedians think that this is God's way of showing men what childbirth feels like! Hope you're better soon!

Nancy N on 4/04/01 at 21:27 (043643)

Pauline--

Your comments about water sound a lot like what I found on the web when Julie was asking for info about dehydration, so that makes sense. My grandmother drinks of cranberry juice for her kidney stones, too--I'm not sure why, since I associate that with bladder infections. But maybe the acids in the cranberry juice helps to keep the stones from forming, too? Either way, I think hydration is the key--and since she doesn't drink a lot every day, that probably explains how she got her stones.

Beverly on 4/04/01 at 21:37 (043646)

Doctor Richard,

This is the type of misery that makes foot pain seem not so bad. I had a kidney infection, followed by a kidney stone several years ago. Thus far, it was the worst pain I have ever experienced. I remember being heavily drugged and still feeling horrible. I hope you feel better soon. I understand this is much worse in men.
Take care,
Beverly

Richard, C.Ped on 4/05/01 at 09:09 (043682)

Thanx guys! I appreciate the support. Compared to child birth...I have sympathy for my wife now. We recently moved our office, so I am also trying to get that situated as well. I am at the ski shop with Mike and Sean. I was by mysef for two years, so it is great to have people around again.

Again, thanx for the support!!
Richard

Re: To Richard Kidney Stones

Pauline on 4/14/01 at 15:13 (044612)

Richard,
There have been postings on the other boards reguarding kidney stones and their relationship to taking Calcium. Since you have recently had experience with them has your Doctor said anything about this relationship and the formation of the stones?

Richard, C.Ped on 4/17/01 at 14:57 (044848)

Hi Paulien,
No, the doc did not mention anything about that. He told me just what Dr. Z said to to. Drink lots of water. thanx for asking!! :-)
Richard

Nancy N on 4/03/01 at 08:24 (043411)

Richard--I'm so sorry to hear that you have kidney stones!! Are they going to zap the stones for you? Maybe Dr. Z will find a way to do that with the orbasone for you :)

Take care of yourself and we'll hope to hear that you're better soon!

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/03/01 at 08:59 (043414)

Sorry to hear about this. I had kidney stones about two years ago. You should of seen Dr. Z. I walked into the ER and demanded pain medication before the examination. I though they were going to call security .I was out of control. So they still made me wait thirty minutes before the good old doctor in the empty ER finally finished his coffee. I wished him plantar fasciitis for life.

Rest, Rest, drink plenty of water.

JudyS on 4/03/01 at 12:05 (043439)

Oh Richard you poor guy! I've never had kidney stones but have seen several friends go through it so you sure have my sympathy! What's the status after nearly a week?
Maybe Dr. Z could zap them for you.......

Lori E. on 4/03/01 at 21:21 (043523)

Richard,
I was wondering where you were. I just thought you got busy with all those feet.
I am so sorry you had to experience that. I had a kidney infection about 12 years ago and it ranks 10 on my pain scale (I know not quite the same, but as I understand close.)
I said at the time if this pain is anything like having babies... not for me! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Pauline on 4/04/01 at 18:57 (043624)

Richard,
One of the worst possible type of pains. I'm so sorry that you had the misfortune to get a kidney stone. For what it's worth, I was told by a friend who just went through what you have been experiencing when you get well, drink enough water during the day to keep your urine near colorless.

His doctor says this will help him not to form any more stone. I suppose water can't hurt. Wishing you a very speedy recovery.

Cynthia D on 4/04/01 at 20:27 (043638)

Some comedians think that this is God's way of showing men what childbirth feels like! Hope you're better soon!

Nancy N on 4/04/01 at 21:27 (043643)

Pauline--

Your comments about water sound a lot like what I found on the web when Julie was asking for info about dehydration, so that makes sense. My grandmother drinks of cranberry juice for her kidney stones, too--I'm not sure why, since I associate that with bladder infections. But maybe the acids in the cranberry juice helps to keep the stones from forming, too? Either way, I think hydration is the key--and since she doesn't drink a lot every day, that probably explains how she got her stones.

Beverly on 4/04/01 at 21:37 (043646)

Doctor Richard,

This is the type of misery that makes foot pain seem not so bad. I had a kidney infection, followed by a kidney stone several years ago. Thus far, it was the worst pain I have ever experienced. I remember being heavily drugged and still feeling horrible. I hope you feel better soon. I understand this is much worse in men.
Take care,
Beverly

Richard, C.Ped on 4/05/01 at 09:09 (043682)

Thanx guys! I appreciate the support. Compared to child birth...I have sympathy for my wife now. We recently moved our office, so I am also trying to get that situated as well. I am at the ski shop with Mike and Sean. I was by mysef for two years, so it is great to have people around again.

Again, thanx for the support!!
Richard

Pauline on 4/14/01 at 15:13 (044612)

Richard,
There have been postings on the other boards reguarding kidney stones and their relationship to taking Calcium. Since you have recently had experience with them has your Doctor said anything about this relationship and the formation of the stones?

Richard, C.Ped on 4/17/01 at 14:57 (044848)

Hi Paulien,
No, the doc did not mention anything about that. He told me just what Dr. Z said to to. Drink lots of water. thanx for asking!! :-)
Richard