Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Register usernames?

Posted by BrianG on 4/03/01 at 09:08 (043418)

Hi Scott,

Was wondering if there was any way you could have people register their usernames with you before posting. This would cut down on some of the annonomous posts whenever there is any kind of controversy, like the folks who jump in claiming to be 1st time posters. Maybe some are new, but I'm doubting all are. I've seen it happen on other forums.

Just a thought,
BCG

Re: Register usernames?

Scott R on 4/06/01 at 18:27 (043868)

I thought about automating names before but for reasons I dno't remember, I decided against it. anon posts have not yet been a problem, and sometimes a little anonymity isn't bad.

Julie on 4/07/01 at 02:29 (043891)

Scott, I agree. One of the beauties of the board is its ease of access: it's genuinely user-friendly. That's worth a few anon posts, which tend to get ignored anyway, and it would change if registration were introduced.

Scott R on 4/06/01 at 18:27 (043868)

I thought about automating names before but for reasons I dno't remember, I decided against it. anon posts have not yet been a problem, and sometimes a little anonymity isn't bad.

Julie on 4/07/01 at 02:29 (043891)

Scott, I agree. One of the beauties of the board is its ease of access: it's genuinely user-friendly. That's worth a few anon posts, which tend to get ignored anyway, and it would change if registration were introduced.