Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To the other valerie (k) s - Surgery Tomorrow

Posted by Valerie S on 4/03/01 at hrmin (043487)

Hi Val.

Thinking of you today.

You still on for your surgery tomorrow? I just wanted to wish you well; good luck to you and let us know how you are doing...

Val.

Re: To My Pal Val S.

valerie k s on 4/09/01 at 12:54 (044095)

Hi there! You truly put a smile on my face today. Today is the first time I have ventured to my son's room to use the computer. I was so happy to see that you were checking on me. I did have surgery on the 4th! I have a cast on my right leg to my knee and and using these darn ol crutches. I have been very uncomfortable since the numbing effect wore off. The Dr. has me on Vicodin every 4 hrs, which I don't even try to miss at this point. I can feel the incision, it feels like my foot has been separated into two parts. My Dr. said it will take about 3 mos. for the tissue to re-connect itself. I go to my first post-opp appt. tomorrow and am anxious to hear how he thinks I'm doing. I'm hoping to get this darn cast off so I can take a nice bubble bath. Enough about me now, how are you? You will have to refresh my memory on the type of surgery you had and when. Can't wait to hear from you.

Val K. S.

Valerie S on 4/10/01 at hrmin (044227)

Hi Val!
Welcome back... I am happy to hear that you are still alive after surgery! It sounds like you are going through a rough time... 3 months, really? That sounds like an awfully long time...

I did not have surgery. I am only 8 months into PF, still doing research and conservative treatments. Unfortunately, they seem to be getting me nowhere. I am trying to be as informed as I can be about PF surgery so that I can make an informed decision if it ever comes to that, and so I can know what I avoided if it doesn't. I hope that made sense.

Anyway, I am glad to hear from you... I wish for you a speedy recovery. I hope you feel better soon!

Val.

valerie k s on 4/13/01 at 14:57 (044483)

Thanks for writing back to me. I had my first post-opp on Tuesday. The Dr. basically just asked a few questions on how I was feeling and checked to make sure the cast was o.k. I made a huge mistake afterwards and went to lunch with my sister. I didn't have far to go into the restaurant with my walker but it took alot out of me for the remainder of the day. I started getting some 'razor' type sensations in my heel yesterday. I hadn't felt those before. Today, I'm doing pretty good. I get my cast off next Thursday and stitches out too! My Dr. will be putting me into some sort of knee length boot to walk around in. I still haven't put any weight on it. I'm kinda scared to. It's too awkward with the cast anyhow. Do you have any idea what is caused your pain to begin with? I think mine started when we moved into our new house. Our downstairs is comletely hardwood floor. I started noticing the pain about 2 mos. after moving in. In addition, I wear heels to work, have flat feet and am overweight. I hope the pain goes away so I can start a walking program. Anyhow, it was real good hearing from you. Talk to you soon.

Valerie

valerie k s on 4/09/01 at 12:54 (044095)

Hi there! You truly put a smile on my face today. Today is the first time I have ventured to my son's room to use the computer. I was so happy to see that you were checking on me. I did have surgery on the 4th! I have a cast on my right leg to my knee and and using these darn ol crutches. I have been very uncomfortable since the numbing effect wore off. The Dr. has me on Vicodin every 4 hrs, which I don't even try to miss at this point. I can feel the incision, it feels like my foot has been separated into two parts. My Dr. said it will take about 3 mos. for the tissue to re-connect itself. I go to my first post-opp appt. tomorrow and am anxious to hear how he thinks I'm doing. I'm hoping to get this darn cast off so I can take a nice bubble bath. Enough about me now, how are you? You will have to refresh my memory on the type of surgery you had and when. Can't wait to hear from you.

Val K. S.

Valerie S on 4/10/01 at hrmin (044227)

Hi Val!
Welcome back... I am happy to hear that you are still alive after surgery! It sounds like you are going through a rough time... 3 months, really? That sounds like an awfully long time...

I did not have surgery. I am only 8 months into PF, still doing research and conservative treatments. Unfortunately, they seem to be getting me nowhere. I am trying to be as informed as I can be about PF surgery so that I can make an informed decision if it ever comes to that, and so I can know what I avoided if it doesn't. I hope that made sense.

Anyway, I am glad to hear from you... I wish for you a speedy recovery. I hope you feel better soon!

Val.

valerie k s on 4/13/01 at 14:57 (044483)

Thanks for writing back to me. I had my first post-opp on Tuesday. The Dr. basically just asked a few questions on how I was feeling and checked to make sure the cast was o.k. I made a huge mistake afterwards and went to lunch with my sister. I didn't have far to go into the restaurant with my walker but it took alot out of me for the remainder of the day. I started getting some 'razor' type sensations in my heel yesterday. I hadn't felt those before. Today, I'm doing pretty good. I get my cast off next Thursday and stitches out too! My Dr. will be putting me into some sort of knee length boot to walk around in. I still haven't put any weight on it. I'm kinda scared to. It's too awkward with the cast anyhow. Do you have any idea what is caused your pain to begin with? I think mine started when we moved into our new house. Our downstairs is comletely hardwood floor. I started noticing the pain about 2 mos. after moving in. In addition, I wear heels to work, have flat feet and am overweight. I hope the pain goes away so I can start a walking program. Anyhow, it was real good hearing from you. Talk to you soon.

Valerie