Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sometimes you just have to go with your instincts

Posted by Amy on 4/04/01 at 04:09 (043535)

Hi, remember me! EPF almost 6 mths now but got a 2nd opinion due to ankle/spur pain. I feel the EPF surgery was quite a success - very glad to be one of the lucky ones. The new doc was right - get up and get moving for that ankle pain - no ankle spur removal at this time - it's alot better, but still there. He also told me to get back to the treadmill and squatting and lunging in my aerobics class. That was 3 weeks ago. I feel I am not ready for this and that everyone recovers differently and at a different pace. This week, however, I am beginning to want to get back to exercise. Got on the treadmill w/my orthotics and great sneakers then did some weights, stretches and abs. Psychologically, I feel ready to sloooowly get back to my routine. I know you're against the treadmill Dr. Z, but I know that is not what caused my 3 spurs on 1 foot and 1 on the other. I was a longtime step aerobic buff for 10 plus years, then stopped for a year, gained weight and went back to it for several more years. I'm still not going to lung or do squats though. I feel that's too much stretching of the plantar fascia at this time. What I've learned from all of this is, Unless you've you have felt this great pain - noone really knows what it's like. If you're advised to stretch or walk through the pain, go with your instincts and when you are ready - it's not going to hurt to wait to get back to your routine. Wish me luck!

Re: Sometimes you just have to go with your instincts

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/04/01 at 18:39 (043616)

Hi,

Glad to see that you are feeling better and are on the right track. Your body will tell you exactly how and when to increase your excercising.

Re: Sometimes you just have to go with your instincts

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/04/01 at 18:39 (043616)

Hi,

Glad to see that you are feeling better and are on the right track. Your body will tell you exactly how and when to increase your excercising.