Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

B-12 UPDATE

Posted by wanda m on 4/04/01 at hrmin (043549)

well still going to my wonderful dr in tampa, and every week doing so much better. Was having awful burning in ball of my foot, dr shandles stated that it was a nurema (spelled wrong i think) that had scar tissue around it, so he put the b12 shot in the toe area. My feet are so much better i can put on my NB tennis shoes for the frist time and keep them on for a long time. I got fitted for my orthodicts, will get them in about a mo. I am not well by any means , but after having TT for 4 yrs just walking or standing for more than 10 mins is a wonderful feeling.
Now during all of this i had a wreck , setting at red light and hit from behind (girl was going about 35) it twisted all muscle and ligtments and caused so many vert. in spine to swell. Needlessly to say i have been through hell, and still in awful pain. I feel like my spine starting at the top of head tried to go through my tail bone.
But in all my feet are 80% better , but i still have to keep going to for my shots. pLEASE pray for my healing , God bless each of u

Re: B-12 UPDATE

Helene M on 4/04/01 at 11:46 (043556)

Wanda,
I've followed your posts here on the B-12, which sounds very interesting. I'm glad to hear it is helping you. You had mentioned that Dr. Shandles would be posting here, but if he did, I missed it. Perhaps he could mention some other drs. who use this treatment. Or is he the only one? It seems safer than getting a cortisone injection. At this point I'll try anything for my TTS, which has become very bad. I will pray for you and everyone else on this board who is suffering, including myself. Please pray for me, too.

Barb-NY on 4/04/01 at 12:46 (043564)

I was doing research for my husband on Prolotherapy for his neck problems. Usually they inject salt water solution, but on occation they also use B-12 (and/or other ingredients as well). It was you're getting related to Prolotherapy or Schlerotherapy or Reconstructive therapy (it goes by 3 different names)?

ellen w on 4/04/01 at 14:42 (043581)

Wanda,

I was very happy to read that your feet are doing well, but also so sorry to hear about your problems following the auto accident. I've only had one incident of back pain, but it was much worse than my foot pain -- of shorter duration, but much more intense. If you are not sleeping, you may want to ask your doctors about heavy duty narcotic pain killers. They were the only things that got me through the night when the pain was most intense.
Ellen

Nancy N on 4/04/01 at 15:56 (043596)

Wanda--

Have you looked into any other therapies like Feldenkrais? I took a short Feldenkrais class a few weeks ago (which I've been remiss in tellin everyone about, actually), and the night we worked on the back, I felt very noticeably better afterwards. I have some mild arthritis in my lower back, which is nowhere near what you're dealing with, but it still might help.

Re: Chicken Soup

Cynthia D on 4/04/01 at 20:06 (043636)

Oh Wanda, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. Just what you needed after all you've been through. I hope you're icing the sore spots (first 48 hours are critical to) and getting plenty of rest. I was so sorry to hear that. Just when you were getting better!! If I lived nearby, I'd make you some of my famous chicken noodle soup and deliver it to you in person. We could have a contest to see who could keep the ice on our feet the longest. Best wishes.

Beverly on 4/04/01 at 21:26 (043642)

Wanda,

I'm so sorry to hear about your wreck but delighted to hear your feet are better.

Have you had your neck and spin x-rayed?
Hope you feel better soon.
Beverly

wanda m on 4/08/01 at hrmin (044018)

yes i have had about 20 x-rays done front top of head to bottom of tail bone. i am getting ready next week to start physcial therpy. Thanks for caring .

wanda m on 4/08/01 at hrmin (044020)

thanks for the soup, it was so sweet of you. I did ice right afterwards and now i have heat and get deep massages from a cute little guy, that helps alot.(ha ha)

wanda m on 4/08/01 at hrmin (044021)

i get on dr shandles case every time i go to his office about not getting on line. He says he is but very busy and has a new baby and likes to spend every min he can with him and i cant blame him. He is going to paris in may for a big conference he will be the guest speaker, Dr Z i wish u could go to that. i cant type much for it hurts my neck so bad. I wish u could see dr sandles for i know he could help you with TT. God bless and dont give up.

Helene M on 4/04/01 at 11:46 (043556)

Wanda,
I've followed your posts here on the B-12, which sounds very interesting. I'm glad to hear it is helping you. You had mentioned that Dr. Shandles would be posting here, but if he did, I missed it. Perhaps he could mention some other drs. who use this treatment. Or is he the only one? It seems safer than getting a cortisone injection. At this point I'll try anything for my TTS, which has become very bad. I will pray for you and everyone else on this board who is suffering, including myself. Please pray for me, too.

Barb-NY on 4/04/01 at 12:46 (043564)

I was doing research for my husband on Prolotherapy for his neck problems. Usually they inject salt water solution, but on occation they also use B-12 (and/or other ingredients as well). It was you're getting related to Prolotherapy or Schlerotherapy or Reconstructive therapy (it goes by 3 different names)?

ellen w on 4/04/01 at 14:42 (043581)

Wanda,

I was very happy to read that your feet are doing well, but also so sorry to hear about your problems following the auto accident. I've only had one incident of back pain, but it was much worse than my foot pain -- of shorter duration, but much more intense. If you are not sleeping, you may want to ask your doctors about heavy duty narcotic pain killers. They were the only things that got me through the night when the pain was most intense.
Ellen

Nancy N on 4/04/01 at 15:56 (043596)

Wanda--

Have you looked into any other therapies like Feldenkrais? I took a short Feldenkrais class a few weeks ago (which I've been remiss in tellin everyone about, actually), and the night we worked on the back, I felt very noticeably better afterwards. I have some mild arthritis in my lower back, which is nowhere near what you're dealing with, but it still might help.

Cynthia D on 4/04/01 at 20:06 (043636)

Oh Wanda, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. Just what you needed after all you've been through. I hope you're icing the sore spots (first 48 hours are critical to) and getting plenty of rest. I was so sorry to hear that. Just when you were getting better!! If I lived nearby, I'd make you some of my famous chicken noodle soup and deliver it to you in person. We could have a contest to see who could keep the ice on our feet the longest. Best wishes.

Beverly on 4/04/01 at 21:26 (043642)

Wanda,

I'm so sorry to hear about your wreck but delighted to hear your feet are better.

Have you had your neck and spin x-rayed?
Hope you feel better soon.
Beverly

wanda m on 4/08/01 at hrmin (044018)

yes i have had about 20 x-rays done front top of head to bottom of tail bone. i am getting ready next week to start physcial therpy. Thanks for caring .

wanda m on 4/08/01 at hrmin (044020)

thanks for the soup, it was so sweet of you. I did ice right afterwards and now i have heat and get deep massages from a cute little guy, that helps alot.(ha ha)

wanda m on 4/08/01 at hrmin (044021)

i get on dr shandles case every time i go to his office about not getting on line. He says he is but very busy and has a new baby and likes to spend every min he can with him and i cant blame him. He is going to paris in may for a big conference he will be the guest speaker, Dr Z i wish u could go to that. i cant type much for it hurts my neck so bad. I wish u could see dr sandles for i know he could help you with TT. God bless and dont give up.