Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT in SF Bay Area?

Posted by Ross R on 4/04/01 at hrmin (043566)

Does anyone know of a doctor who does ESWT in the San Francisco Bay area? I know of several places in southern California but none up here. Please email me or post a message whith contact information. THANKS!!

Re: ESWT in SF Bay Area?

Rose L on 4/04/01 at 13:49 (043574)

Hi, Ross

I, too live in the San Francisco Bay area. In searching treatment locations on heelspurs.com, only 5 California locations come up- two are vererinary practices (they shoot horses, don't they?!) The other 3 locations are in the L.A. area. If you have pf in both feet, you might consider flying to Canada if cost is a concern - that's what I did...or Dr. Zuckerman in New Jersey - he has treated so many more patients than the docs in L.A. Good Luck! p.s. if anyone knows of a northern ca. facility that is not on heelspurs.com, let us know. Thanks, Rose

rekha on 4/04/01 at hrmin (043647)

I also live in the Bay area, and traveled to LA to get ESWT done in Dory Shapow's office. They are listed in ESWT treatment locations.

JudyS on 4/05/01 at 13:13 (043717)

Rose - just a bit of info....for anyone who'd be more comfortable traveling to Dr. Z instead of using an 'unknown' in CA, right now Southwest Air has a round-trip fare from San Diego to Baltimore for $198.00.

Re: For Rose and Ross Re: ESWT in SF Bay Area?

Donna SL on 4/05/01 at 14:33 (043723)

Ross, and Rose

I talked to a wonderful pod by the name of Dr John Zimmerman. His number is
661-663-8483. Also, you can look at the healthronics site http://www.healthtronics.com/ Look under treatment centers for Ossatron. He's listed there. Not all the pods who have Ossatron are listed on the heelspurs website.

He's in Bakersfield CA. He seemed very caring, an is an extremely knowledgeable, and experienced pod. He seems like a second Dr. Z. I don't think his prices are that high. He also suffered from PF at one time. I live in San Francisco, but would see him if I decide to get the ESWT. I think Bakersfield is around 140 miles North of LA. There are shuttle flights that take less than an hour, or you could drive there. Call, and ask to talk to him. You'll see what I mean after you speak with him.

Donna

Rose L on 4/04/01 at 13:49 (043574)

Hi, Ross

I, too live in the San Francisco Bay area. In searching treatment locations on heelspurs.com, only 5 California locations come up- two are vererinary practices (they shoot horses, don't they?!) The other 3 locations are in the L.A. area. If you have pf in both feet, you might consider flying to Canada if cost is a concern - that's what I did...or Dr. Zuckerman in New Jersey - he has treated so many more patients than the docs in L.A. Good Luck! p.s. if anyone knows of a northern ca. facility that is not on heelspurs.com, let us know. Thanks, Rose

rekha on 4/04/01 at hrmin (043647)

I also live in the Bay area, and traveled to LA to get ESWT done in Dory Shapow's office. They are listed in ESWT treatment locations.

JudyS on 4/05/01 at 13:13 (043717)

Rose - just a bit of info....for anyone who'd be more comfortable traveling to Dr. Z instead of using an 'unknown' in CA, right now Southwest Air has a round-trip fare from San Diego to Baltimore for $198.00.

Re: For Rose and Ross Re: ESWT in SF Bay Area?

Donna SL on 4/05/01 at 14:33 (043723)

Ross, and Rose

I talked to a wonderful pod by the name of Dr John Zimmerman. His number is
661-663-8483. Also, you can look at the healthronics site http://www.healthtronics.com/ Look under treatment centers for Ossatron. He's listed there. Not all the pods who have Ossatron are listed on the heelspurs website.

He's in Bakersfield CA. He seemed very caring, an is an extremely knowledgeable, and experienced pod. He seems like a second Dr. Z. I don't think his prices are that high. He also suffered from PF at one time. I live in San Francisco, but would see him if I decide to get the ESWT. I think Bakersfield is around 140 miles North of LA. There are shuttle flights that take less than an hour, or you could drive there. Call, and ask to talk to him. You'll see what I mean after you speak with him.

Donna