Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pauline

Posted by paul on 4/04/01 at 16:33 (043600)

If you are the same person that embarassed yourself with your comments about Dr. Z. you seem to be a person that has a self serving purpose such as a representative of an industry competitor.

Re: Pauline

Nancy N on 4/04/01 at 17:06 (043603)

Paul--

While I can't defend Pauline's comments about Dr. Z, I don't see anything wrong with her request. There are quite a few people on this board who've been treated using ESWT, with various machines and by various practitioners. I think she is trying to establish some basis for people who are interested in ESWT to make informed decisions about which machines and practices are best. For instance, the Orbasone can be used without anaesthesia for most people, but the Ossatron cannot. That's because of the differences in the machines, for the most part, but it could make a difference to someone who is trying to decide if they want to be treated, and by what method. Trying to make a decision without this sort of information is like trying to buy a car without knowing if it's a Ford or a Lexus, or what sort of transmission it has, or how much it costs.

I think we've all tried to put the earlier unpleasantness behind us now, so it does none of us any good to dredge it up again, especially when the request made was a perfectly reasonable one.

Pauline on 4/04/01 at 17:50 (043605)

Nancy,
Your quite correct. While we hear most about Orbasone and OssaTron there are folks who have had Sonocur in Canada and others who were part of Dornier's Epos Systems trials. I understand too that others have taken part in MTS's Ortho Wave tests as well. These are all different and I for one am very interested how each of the treatments are different and is delivered, anaesthesia requirements and most of all the outcome immediate and long term. That is why I made my request and that is why I hope that people will continue to report on their treatments. Some people who have been treated required only one treatment, others went back for more, some in Canada had 4, I know of one poster who had a treatment on one machine then switched and had another treatment on a different machine. By gathering this information people hopefully will learn more and can make good decisions which ever treatment they decide on.

I don't work for any of these companies and I think I took an unnecessary hit on this one from Paul.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/04/01 at 18:18 (043609)

Hi,

The purpose of the ESWT location and progress reports should handle this very well. Maybe we need further instructions on the ESWT progress page. Maybe Scott would like to add this to the actual ESWT home page.

Any information that allows the consumer to make informed decisions is very helpful. So I guess this is up to Scott to hear and make these suggestions to the site. I am going to see if this is already there by going and re- reading the above areas that I just talked about.

Re: To Dr Z Pauline

Pauline on 4/04/01 at 18:45 (043618)

Anaesthesia used and current updates seem to be lacking on Scott's ESWT update site. Most of the entries seem to be from original treatment dates, some dating almost a year ago. If someone is posting about their recent treatment or updating us, it might not have reached Scott's page at the time of their posting or maybe then never submitted anything for the survey page. If they could simply state what happened or refresh us if their posting an update it would be helpful or maybe if they are updating and already have an entry on Scott's ESWT site they could simply tell us to check that site for their most current update information.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/04/01 at 19:09 (043627)

Hi,

I agree. We now having a regular process of calling patients at least every two weeks for an update. I only update if the one or two things happens at this time. Improvement from the treatment or if they were doing well and then the pain came back. Alot of my patients believe it or not don't want or use computers. It takes alot of time to call but we try to do this as best as we can.

Re: To Scott Pauline

Pauline on 4/05/01 at 07:28 (043668)

How are the other Doctors (sites) handling their updates for your board?

BrianG on 4/05/01 at 09:31 (043690)

Thank you for your very positive post, Paul. Maybe you'd like to live in China where only side of any issue is allowed. After Scott's remarks that he invited Pauline to post, I'm thinking you owe her an apology. But I doubt your man enough to do it, because Paul probably isn't your real name anyway. This is exactlly why I suggested to Scott that people register before posting.

BCG

Nancy N on 4/04/01 at 17:06 (043603)

Paul--

While I can't defend Pauline's comments about Dr. Z, I don't see anything wrong with her request. There are quite a few people on this board who've been treated using ESWT, with various machines and by various practitioners. I think she is trying to establish some basis for people who are interested in ESWT to make informed decisions about which machines and practices are best. For instance, the Orbasone can be used without anaesthesia for most people, but the Ossatron cannot. That's because of the differences in the machines, for the most part, but it could make a difference to someone who is trying to decide if they want to be treated, and by what method. Trying to make a decision without this sort of information is like trying to buy a car without knowing if it's a Ford or a Lexus, or what sort of transmission it has, or how much it costs.

I think we've all tried to put the earlier unpleasantness behind us now, so it does none of us any good to dredge it up again, especially when the request made was a perfectly reasonable one.

Pauline on 4/04/01 at 17:50 (043605)

Nancy,
Your quite correct. While we hear most about Orbasone and OssaTron there are folks who have had Sonocur in Canada and others who were part of Dornier's Epos Systems trials. I understand too that others have taken part in MTS's Ortho Wave tests as well. These are all different and I for one am very interested how each of the treatments are different and is delivered, anaesthesia requirements and most of all the outcome immediate and long term. That is why I made my request and that is why I hope that people will continue to report on their treatments. Some people who have been treated required only one treatment, others went back for more, some in Canada had 4, I know of one poster who had a treatment on one machine then switched and had another treatment on a different machine. By gathering this information people hopefully will learn more and can make good decisions which ever treatment they decide on.

I don't work for any of these companies and I think I took an unnecessary hit on this one from Paul.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/04/01 at 18:18 (043609)

Hi,

The purpose of the ESWT location and progress reports should handle this very well. Maybe we need further instructions on the ESWT progress page. Maybe Scott would like to add this to the actual ESWT home page.

Any information that allows the consumer to make informed decisions is very helpful. So I guess this is up to Scott to hear and make these suggestions to the site. I am going to see if this is already there by going and re- reading the above areas that I just talked about.

Pauline on 4/04/01 at 18:45 (043618)

Anaesthesia used and current updates seem to be lacking on Scott's ESWT update site. Most of the entries seem to be from original treatment dates, some dating almost a year ago. If someone is posting about their recent treatment or updating us, it might not have reached Scott's page at the time of their posting or maybe then never submitted anything for the survey page. If they could simply state what happened or refresh us if their posting an update it would be helpful or maybe if they are updating and already have an entry on Scott's ESWT site they could simply tell us to check that site for their most current update information.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/04/01 at 19:09 (043627)

Hi,

I agree. We now having a regular process of calling patients at least every two weeks for an update. I only update if the one or two things happens at this time. Improvement from the treatment or if they were doing well and then the pain came back. Alot of my patients believe it or not don't want or use computers. It takes alot of time to call but we try to do this as best as we can.

Re: To Scott Pauline

Pauline on 4/05/01 at 07:28 (043668)

How are the other Doctors (sites) handling their updates for your board?

BrianG on 4/05/01 at 09:31 (043690)

Thank you for your very positive post, Paul. Maybe you'd like to live in China where only side of any issue is allowed. After Scott's remarks that he invited Pauline to post, I'm thinking you owe her an apology. But I doubt your man enough to do it, because Paul probably isn't your real name anyway. This is exactlly why I suggested to Scott that people register before posting.

BCG