Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

dynasplint

Posted by paula g on 4/04/01 at hrmin (043626)

just wandering around the search aspect of this board and came upon the dynasplint. seems it gets good results with some folks who had no results from anything else. seems insurance will pay for rental of it and it is expensive. sounds good to me. guess i'll try and wrangele a perscription and see if my insurance will cover it. anyone else tried it, heard of it, or whatever?

Re: dynasplint

Bill E. on 4/06/01 at hrmin (043820)

Paula, Any results from your MRI? Are you now convinced that it is not a stress fracture but is truly PF?

I have had good luck with a night splint. Something similar to the dynasplint but not as spiffy nor as expensive. Though it wasn't terribly cheap at about $60 for one foot. It looks like the dynasplint (on their website) is probably a bit more comfortable. If you wear a night splint, my experience is that it takes a couple of days to get used to it. It is most difficult when you turn over in your sleep. There are many available and I suspect that mechanically they are about the same...the issue is probably comfort. Mine is made of hard plastic with foam and felt liners. It is kind of open so my feet don't overheat. It has lots of velcro straps so can be adjusted to fit.

I have been agressive with 'conservative' treatments and so am nearly 'cured'. I hope to start running (just a little) next week.

Bill

Re: dynasplint

Bill E. on 4/06/01 at hrmin (043820)

Paula, Any results from your MRI? Are you now convinced that it is not a stress fracture but is truly PF?

I have had good luck with a night splint. Something similar to the dynasplint but not as spiffy nor as expensive. Though it wasn't terribly cheap at about $60 for one foot. It looks like the dynasplint (on their website) is probably a bit more comfortable. If you wear a night splint, my experience is that it takes a couple of days to get used to it. It is most difficult when you turn over in your sleep. There are many available and I suspect that mechanically they are about the same...the issue is probably comfort. Mine is made of hard plastic with foam and felt liners. It is kind of open so my feet don't overheat. It has lots of velcro straps so can be adjusted to fit.

I have been agressive with 'conservative' treatments and so am nearly 'cured'. I hope to start running (just a little) next week.

Bill