Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Valerie..

Posted by JudyS on 4/04/01 at 22:12 (043651)

Hi again Val - I moved our 'conversation' over to this SS board so we wouldn't clutter up the archives. The SS posts are not archived.
Anyway....
Holy Cow! First, I'm guessing that you're A whole bunch(like 20 years) younger than me if you were in 8th grade in '84! There was no Macdonald fam. when I was there. Franklin Mills was a very popular blackberry patch when I was there. The 'pond' was at the foot of the hill.....it got moved! I did go to North Oakview...also went to church at St. Jude's! But wait, my stepsister lived at Franklin Mills some years back.....her name is Alisha and her sis is Andrea. I was a junior when the middle school got built. North Kent got built a year after we got shipped to San Diego.... my first job was at Big Boy's - which was very cool because that's where everyone hung out! Your friend will know which house I grew up in - it's the one that burned down about seven or eight years ago!
And on and on ......

Re: Bob's Big Boy

Bob G. on 4/05/01 at 02:38 (043661)

Hey, Judy! Thanks for the memories of Bob's Big Boy back in the good 'ol days. By the way, I just had lunch at Bob's in Burbank and picked up a t-shirt with Mr. Bob in his checkered overalls driving a '61 Corvette! (feet are doing well)

I'll be in San Diego Friday night...I'll call you and John, maybe do a pizza...a comedy...

JudyS on 4/05/01 at 11:25 (043709)

San Diego again already! Wonderful - we're in, call us!

Re: To Valerie..

Valerie S on 4/06/01 at 11:10 (043817)

Hi Judy.

Wow, it is a small world, isn't it? Imagine meeting your neighbor on the internet (ok, not quite, but still...)

Big Boy on Plainfield was knocked down last year. It's funny that they call it Bob's Big Boy in CA... My aunt lives in Ventura, and she calls it Bob's Big Boy, too... It's Elias Brothers Big Boy here, but we just call it Big Boy. Interesting... hee hee.

Well, I do look forward to meeting you.

Val.

Nancy N on 4/06/01 at 12:00 (043824)

They used to be called Elby's Big Boy in the northeast (or at least in PA) and then sometime in the 80's, they changed the name to Bob's. I think all the ones in my hometown are gone now. I've always wondered why companies feel they have to come up with different names for different regions--Hellman's Mayonnaise is called something else on the west coast, for example (Best Mayonnaise, or something like that?). Don't ask me why.

Valerie S on 4/06/01 at 13:22 (043841)

Maybe because Big Boy is franchised. But Hellman's? Wha?

Val.

Bob G. on 4/05/01 at 02:38 (043661)

Hey, Judy! Thanks for the memories of Bob's Big Boy back in the good 'ol days. By the way, I just had lunch at Bob's in Burbank and picked up a t-shirt with Mr. Bob in his checkered overalls driving a '61 Corvette! (feet are doing well)

I'll be in San Diego Friday night...I'll call you and John, maybe do a pizza...a comedy...

JudyS on 4/05/01 at 11:25 (043709)

San Diego again already! Wonderful - we're in, call us!

Valerie S on 4/06/01 at 11:10 (043817)

Hi Judy.

Wow, it is a small world, isn't it? Imagine meeting your neighbor on the internet (ok, not quite, but still...)

Big Boy on Plainfield was knocked down last year. It's funny that they call it Bob's Big Boy in CA... My aunt lives in Ventura, and she calls it Bob's Big Boy, too... It's Elias Brothers Big Boy here, but we just call it Big Boy. Interesting... hee hee.

Well, I do look forward to meeting you.

Val.

Nancy N on 4/06/01 at 12:00 (043824)

They used to be called Elby's Big Boy in the northeast (or at least in PA) and then sometime in the 80's, they changed the name to Bob's. I think all the ones in my hometown are gone now. I've always wondered why companies feel they have to come up with different names for different regions--Hellman's Mayonnaise is called something else on the west coast, for example (Best Mayonnaise, or something like that?). Don't ask me why.

Valerie S on 4/06/01 at 13:22 (043841)

Maybe because Big Boy is franchised. But Hellman's? Wha?

Val.