Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

another question about HS

Posted by Dona on 4/05/01 at 07:41 (043670)

Just wondering...if there is a spur on the heel, is there success with a cortisone injection taking care of the pain, eventually? I got my first (and last) injection Tuesday, and it seems that most of the intense pain is easing up. The problem is that I cannot step directly on my foot/heel without there being a sharp pain in the area of the spur. Since I haven't been actually stepping on my heel directly for several months, I had almost forgotten it was there. Since the pain IS easing up, what are the odds it will eventually take care of that pain too? Thanks.
Dona

Re: another question about HS

Dr. Biehler on 4/05/01 at 10:19 (043703)

The cortisone shots reduce the inflamation and provides a chance for the area to heel. A lot of people get very good results from the shots. You have to make sure you are not constantly reinjuring the area or the problem will not go away. Dr. B.

Re: another question about HS

Dr. Biehler on 4/05/01 at 10:19 (043703)

The cortisone shots reduce the inflamation and provides a chance for the area to heel. A lot of people get very good results from the shots. You have to make sure you are not constantly reinjuring the area or the problem will not go away. Dr. B.