Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

3 weeks post-op

Posted by GinaC on 4/05/01 at 15:33 (043727)

Started walking without crutches on the ball/toes of my surgery foot. My heel is still sore at this point and I'm anxiously waiting for that pain to lessen. My mobility is increasing; have been lap swimming and to the movies, in addition to doing some light cleaning and grocery shopping, so I'm feeling more human! Have not had any major setbacks yet, but it is getting harder to be patient and wait for full healing.

Good luck to all those approaching surgery soon! Gina

Re: 3 weeks post-op

Jen on 4/05/01 at 21:24 (043782)

Gina,
That's great!! 3 Weeks? Are you without crutches all the time now on the balls of your feet? What did your doc say about full weight bearing?

Jen

GinaC on 4/06/01 at 10:40 (043812)

Hi Jen! I started no crutches/balls of feet two days ago and I'm dong about half a day now and will gradually increase that time during the next week. After that, I go back on crutches and walk heel/toe on the surgery foot and the, hopefully, I will fully wean myself off the crutches starting at the end of April. Was told to let pain be my guide and if pain was persistent, I should back off and do less for a while. Haven't had to do that yet, but that's also why I'm increasing everything very gradually.

Re: Ooops!

GinaC on 4/06/01 at 10:43 (043813)

Also want to say best wishes to you on your upcoming surgery; I'm sure you'll have a good recovery!

Jen on 4/05/01 at 21:24 (043782)

Gina,
That's great!! 3 Weeks? Are you without crutches all the time now on the balls of your feet? What did your doc say about full weight bearing?

Jen

GinaC on 4/06/01 at 10:40 (043812)

Hi Jen! I started no crutches/balls of feet two days ago and I'm dong about half a day now and will gradually increase that time during the next week. After that, I go back on crutches and walk heel/toe on the surgery foot and the, hopefully, I will fully wean myself off the crutches starting at the end of April. Was told to let pain be my guide and if pain was persistent, I should back off and do less for a while. Haven't had to do that yet, but that's also why I'm increasing everything very gradually.

Re: Ooops!

GinaC on 4/06/01 at 10:43 (043813)

Also want to say best wishes to you on your upcoming surgery; I'm sure you'll have a good recovery!