Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What is I believe it is tarpal?

Posted by Tammie on 4/07/01 at hrmin (043919)

Hi went back to the Dr. again yesterday for a review of all treatments that have been done by all dr.s and what was available

yet to do. He is worried now that I have something like carpal tunnel in hand but in foot. I have like burning in foot and when he

squeezes heel in back Pain. I have the pf of course and the spurs, I recieved second cortisone shot in 2 weeks time . He is talking surgery

and says 90% rate. It sounds good, but I know lots of people are against it. He is not really pushing told me to get another opion

if I like ,but I have already had 3 and insuranse states that is it anymore is my pocket. They will not give me any more pt either

as they feel no improvement. Now what? My pt said I do have a bad insurance co, that they do push and will not authorize any

unless improvement,he told me not to be so hard on the dr. as he is trying to do what he can. He told me to call insurance and question them.

I dont know think they are all in this together? As my insurance co. dictates who we can go to in there network? It pays well but

we must go to who they give us , which is like about 10 different dr. in area. Any advice please.And Thank you

Re: What is I believe it is tarpal?

Nancy M on 4/07/01 at 13:54 (043926)

Tammie, I have sinus tarsi syndrome, which my orthopedic doctor says is like carpal tunnal in hand, but in foot. I have pain all the time some days more than others, today is a bad pain day. My pain (burning) is right below my ankle on the outside of my foot. By the end of the day sometimes my whole leg hurts. I've had 3 shots, 3 weeks of PT and now scheduled for surgery (scope) on April 23rd. I have a pre op meeting with the doctor on the 17th to find out exactly what will be done.

Nancy M in AZ

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/09/01 at 20:08 (044134)

It sounds like Tarsal tunnel syndrome this is either swelling and or entrapement of the posterior tibial nerve which runs on the inside of the ankle bone. This is the nerve that divides into two nerves called the medial and lateral plantar nerve. Now what to do with this. Surgery is an option but the sucess rate isn't 90% but closer to 60-70% . Go to the section on the board that talks about TTS, that short for what you may have.

Nancy M on 4/07/01 at 13:54 (043926)

Tammie, I have sinus tarsi syndrome, which my orthopedic doctor says is like carpal tunnal in hand, but in foot. I have pain all the time some days more than others, today is a bad pain day. My pain (burning) is right below my ankle on the outside of my foot. By the end of the day sometimes my whole leg hurts. I've had 3 shots, 3 weeks of PT and now scheduled for surgery (scope) on April 23rd. I have a pre op meeting with the doctor on the 17th to find out exactly what will be done.

Nancy M in AZ

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/09/01 at 20:08 (044134)

It sounds like Tarsal tunnel syndrome this is either swelling and or entrapement of the posterior tibial nerve which runs on the inside of the ankle bone. This is the nerve that divides into two nerves called the medial and lateral plantar nerve. Now what to do with this. Surgery is an option but the sucess rate isn't 90% but closer to 60-70% . Go to the section on the board that talks about TTS, that short for what you may have.