Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Difference in Birks

Posted by ANN M on 4/07/01 at 23:18 (043950)

Can someone tell the difference in Birks. I heard so much about them here that I bought a pair (Betula). I wore them to the grocery store and thought I was going to have to crawl to the car I was in so much pain. I have tried them numerous times since (for short periods), and they hurt like the dickens. My feet can't be that different from everyone else's. I do have high arches. Thanks

Re: Difference in Birks

Lori E. on 4/08/01 at 00:25 (043951)

Betula birks are not the same as other birk footbeds. I had the same experience with Betulas. You might need a different birk. There are Birkenstock Classic, Betulas, Tatamis, and others. I have high arches too, and the Tatami line seems to work well for me.
You need to get fitted at a Birkenstock store or somewhere where they have all the different styles and find the ones that work for you. There is another thread where I posted a birks site that explains the differences in foot beds.
It was http://www.footwise.com/Fittingroom/footbeds.cfm ? That should give you a good idea of the different kinds of birks. Hope your feet feel better soon.

Re: Difference in Birks

Lori E. on 4/08/01 at 00:25 (043951)

Betula birks are not the same as other birk footbeds. I had the same experience with Betulas. You might need a different birk. There are Birkenstock Classic, Betulas, Tatamis, and others. I have high arches too, and the Tatami line seems to work well for me.
You need to get fitted at a Birkenstock store or somewhere where they have all the different styles and find the ones that work for you. There is another thread where I posted a birks site that explains the differences in foot beds.
It was http://www.footwise.com/Fittingroom/footbeds.cfm ? That should give you a good idea of the different kinds of birks. Hope your feet feel better soon.