Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoes which accomadate orthotics in size 5 1/2 or 6

Posted by CatherineL on 4/09/01 at 09:28 (044062)

I've had quite a time finding shoes and sandles which can be worn in the office, don't look like my grandmothers and which accomadate orthotics and are in size 5 1/2 or 6.

My only choices in four stores I went to were one shoe and one sandle. I've found a Mary Jane type by FootSaver and a Naot sandle, I only hope they're good for my feet. Each about $150. I have one month of indoor use to decide if I'll keep them.

My orthotics had a smooth leather top to them, but for summer and sandle wear, I had a suede cover put on them (less sticky). Is there any reason they are made with the smooth cover only?

CL

Re: Shoes which accomadate orthotics in size 5 1/2 or 6

Richard, C.Ped on 4/11/01 at 15:22 (044272)

There are so many types of material that orthotics are made out of. Sometimes it is the physician's preference, and sometimes it is what you are trying to accomplish. I am not much of a leather fan, but that is just me. It seems like it would be slick. I like EVA and plastazote materials.

How does the suede working out for you?
Richard

Re: Shoes which accomadate orthotics in size 5 1/2 or 6

Richard, C.Ped on 4/11/01 at 15:22 (044272)

There are so many types of material that orthotics are made out of. Sometimes it is the physician's preference, and sometimes it is what you are trying to accomplish. I am not much of a leather fan, but that is just me. It seems like it would be slick. I like EVA and plastazote materials.

How does the suede working out for you?
Richard