Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for others who've recently had eswt and Dr. Z.

Posted by Beth D. on 4/09/01 at 15:10 (044103)

Hello.

I have a small area-about the size of a quarter-of puffiness at the instep (but back by my heel) of my right foot. I had ESWT treatment 9 days ago with Dr. Z. The 'mass' doesn't hurt or seem to be filled with fluid. It seems like something is inflamed. My family doctor looked at it today and told me that. I just noticed it there last night after my nightly foot soak in warm water with epson salts. Is this unusual?

As far as my own update-I'm still taking it easy. I have swam, ridden my indoor and outdoor bike and can walk around the house fine. I occasionally need to sit down to rest my foot. I stretch a few times a day and use the foot trainer 2x/day doing the top of the foot stretch Dr. Z. showed me in his office.

How are all the others out there doing? What are your activity levels?

Thanks,

Beth D.

Re: Question for others who've recently had eswt and Dr. Z.

DR. Zuckerman on 4/09/01 at 17:01 (044108)

Hi,

That sounds like the area of treatment . So it will be some swelling . Is this the area .?

Sherrie M. on 4/10/01 at hrmin (044160)

Hi Beth, I had my first treatment (ESWT) the same day you did.I haven't had any swelling,but I'm sure Dr.Z should be able to tell you if he has seen this before,I'm glad it doesn't hurt and I hope it goes away soon.I wanted to let you know that I just saw the Dr.Z for my second treatment yesterday,he zapped me in another spot and I hope it does as well as the first. He pressed on the spot he zapped 9 days before and I was expecting to jump off the table but I didn't I could tolerate it very very well! You can imagine my excitement,I am very optomistic that these treatments will help me a great deal because I would love it if I don't have to have surgery again, atleast not this soon!Hope your recovery goes well and lets keep the faith that we will soon be out of pain.Keep me posted either by the message board or by e-mail, I put my e-mail address incase you want it. Talk to you soon, Sherrie

DR. Zuckerman on 4/09/01 at 17:01 (044108)

Hi,

That sounds like the area of treatment . So it will be some swelling . Is this the area .?

Sherrie M. on 4/10/01 at hrmin (044160)

Hi Beth, I had my first treatment (ESWT) the same day you did.I haven't had any swelling,but I'm sure Dr.Z should be able to tell you if he has seen this before,I'm glad it doesn't hurt and I hope it goes away soon.I wanted to let you know that I just saw the Dr.Z for my second treatment yesterday,he zapped me in another spot and I hope it does as well as the first. He pressed on the spot he zapped 9 days before and I was expecting to jump off the table but I didn't I could tolerate it very very well! You can imagine my excitement,I am very optomistic that these treatments will help me a great deal because I would love it if I don't have to have surgery again, atleast not this soon!Hope your recovery goes well and lets keep the faith that we will soon be out of pain.Keep me posted either by the message board or by e-mail, I put my e-mail address incase you want it. Talk to you soon, Sherrie