Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Has this happened to anyone else out there?

Posted by Amy A. on 4/09/01 at 18:21 (044119)

I have had heel spurs and pf for several months now. Been doing all the right things - stretching, icing, anti-inflamatories etc. Went for an outing downtown yesterday. Did some minor walking, not anything in comparison to what I had been doing before pf...last evening I was back in pain again and very stiff today...anyone else had this happen???

Re: Has this happened to anyone else out there?

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/09/01 at 19:50 (044125)

Hi,

This means that the plantar fascia is still injured and can't take even this little activity. So rest the foot and try again.

Valerie S on 4/09/01 at hrmin (044127)

Hi Amy.

Yes, this happens to me almost every time I walk for longer than 10 minutes. I have had heel spurs and PF for about 8 months, and have been really limiting my walking for the last 3 weeks, am doing PT, stretching, icing, night splints, taping... My PT tells me that I should learn and remember my limits, I am still trying to learn how to do this, but I have to count my steps. Each one leads back to pain pain pain.

I am slowly learning that this is my new reality. It's spring, darn it! I want to go out and smell the flowers... but I am still sore from going to the grocery store yesterday!

I'm sorry to hear about your setback. I really feel for you, believe me! I'm sure that there are plenty of people here, with real PF experience, that can tell you the facts of life... I am only a beginner (it only seems like forever). Patience is a virtue.... HA.

I hope you are feeling better soon. I know the frustration of realizing that you really DO have to TAKE IT EASY. Each unnecessary step could be the one that sets you back.

Take it easy...
Val.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/09/01 at 19:50 (044125)

Hi,

This means that the plantar fascia is still injured and can't take even this little activity. So rest the foot and try again.

Valerie S on 4/09/01 at hrmin (044127)

Hi Amy.

Yes, this happens to me almost every time I walk for longer than 10 minutes. I have had heel spurs and PF for about 8 months, and have been really limiting my walking for the last 3 weeks, am doing PT, stretching, icing, night splints, taping... My PT tells me that I should learn and remember my limits, I am still trying to learn how to do this, but I have to count my steps. Each one leads back to pain pain pain.

I am slowly learning that this is my new reality. It's spring, darn it! I want to go out and smell the flowers... but I am still sore from going to the grocery store yesterday!

I'm sorry to hear about your setback. I really feel for you, believe me! I'm sure that there are plenty of people here, with real PF experience, that can tell you the facts of life... I am only a beginner (it only seems like forever). Patience is a virtue.... HA.

I hope you are feeling better soon. I know the frustration of realizing that you really DO have to TAKE IT EASY. Each unnecessary step could be the one that sets you back.

Take it easy...
Val.