Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Physical Therapy

Posted by Pat B on 4/09/01 at hrmin (044121)

I have been in physical therapy for 3 weeeks under the podiatrist's advice. There are times that I think it may be helping but there are times that I am reminded that the problem still exists in it's fury. The therapists have tried ultrasound around my heel and I have 3 spots that will send me flying off the table. They also tried and electrical thing that they use for carpal tunnel and that felt like someone putting matches out on me. Both of these used at a very low current which they said would not be very effective. Electric stim seems good and myofacial stretch feels good. I can't really say that it is truly helpful but it feels good. Once in a while I get a spasm from the myofacial stretch. I did not have any surgery yet and I was wondering if anyone out there was actually cured or helped by physical therapy? The therapists had said they only seen one other person with this problem ever and I don't believe they really know what to do. Is there anyone out there with any suggestions?

Re: Physical Therapy

Alan B on 4/23/01 at 16:01 (045484)

Have you tried Accupunture?

Pat B on 4/30/01 at 20:53 (046286)

My Inxurance will not cover that so I am out of luck

Alan B on 4/23/01 at 16:01 (045484)

Have you tried Accupunture?

Pat B on 4/30/01 at 20:53 (046286)

My Inxurance will not cover that so I am out of luck